So long, farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We three definitely breathed new life into the TDs for sure. We worked well in bringing it all together.
Fur sure buddy.
I am with the others Chris, sorry to hear this, but i can imagine how much behind the scene's work actually
had to happen by you and all the other volunteers that pulled off many fine Throwdowns.
And I for one enjoyed the ones I entered and the ones I watched from a far.

Sorry to see you go , but totally understand.

David
Appreciate it David. The behind the scenes judges probably put more time into the throw-down than the committee does now. Once you have your routine down it's pretty easy.
Ha good one Jake. I learned from the best don't cha know. LOL

Chris

Fur sure buddy.

Appreciate it David. The behind the scenes judges probably put more time into the throw-down than the committee does now. Once you have your routine down it's pretty easy.

Ha good one Jake. I learned from the best don't cha know. LOL

Chris
I learned from DougE DougE

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Chris
Thank you for volunteering your time. I always plan on getting in one of those but haven’t had a chance yet but I did have to laugh I must be getting old because when I saw your title all I could think of was Lawrence Welk
Mike
Minus the adios

• Haha
hey Chris,

Can you explain what the "job" involves so we can recruit another sucker...I mean member to help ot?

hey Chris,

Can you explain what the "job" involves so we can recruit another sucker...I mean member to help ot?
Lining up prizes and sponsors which ain’t easy. Coming up with themes, rules etc. receiving all the entries then typing out a huge thread detailing everyone’s entries. Disqualifying the knuckleheads who disregarded the guidelines lol. Then doing it all over again for winners. Also gotta coordinate secret forum judges. All the while listening to opinions on how we can make it better even though the people with opinions don’t have time to help. But wait there’s more lol

hey Chris,

Working up a theme, promoting it, etc. One member sits out on both staff and forum wide voting and receives the entries, vets them to make sure all qualify, then posts the poll for forum voting. The others vote in both polls.

Reactions: gmc2003 and clifish
Lining up prizes and sponsors which ain’t easy. Coming up with themes, rules etc. receiving all the entries then typing out a huge thread detailing everyone’s entries. Disqualifying the knuckleheads who disregarded the guidelines lol. Then doing it all over again for winners. Also gotta coordinate secret forum judges. All the while listening to opinions on how we can make it better even though the people with opinions don’t have time to help. But wait there’s more lol
What he said, too

I remember participating in the very first SMF throwdowns and to see how far they've come with folks like you gmc2003 gmc2003 is incredible. Thank you for all the hard work and time spent making them what they are, today!

Oh boy! Fresh meat!!!

<Just Kidding...>

Thanks for your contribution to the TD's Chris. SMF is a better place because of people like you and everyone else that volunteered.
Thanks Keith, Out with the old and in with the new.
I learned from DougE DougE
:emoji_thumbsup:
Chris
Thank you for volunteering your time. I always plan on getting in one of those but haven’t had a chance yet but I did have to laugh I must be getting old because when I saw your title all I could think of was Lawrence Welk
Mike
Minus the adios
Thanks dr. Getting old I'm already there. BTW it's from the Sound of Music.
Well damn Chris... Don't know if we'll ever find anybody to replace you... YOU ARE THE MAN ...

Thanks for the dedicated service you put in... as well as all the others...

Speaking of tx smoker tx smoker ... Haven't seen him around lately... Hope everything is ok...
Appreciate it Keith, I heard from Robert the other day. He still has some family issues to sort out, but he's working it out.

Now wait a dadburned minute, y'all know what I left over and it has since been rectified.
True
hey Chris,

See below. Jake and Doug explained it pretty well.
It's not quite as bad as it sounds. A lot of the earlier issues have been resolved.

Chris, Thank you for all your hard work !
Appreciate it Dave.
I remember participating in the very first SMF throwdowns and to see how far they've come with folks like you gmc2003 gmc2003 is incredible. Thank you for all the hard work and time spent making them what they are, today!
Thanks sumo, it was fun watching it grow.

Chris

Reactions: sumosmoke
Well, it's been a tad over a year now since I volunteered to help out with the SMF throw-downs. My time on the committee has been an enjoyable one, but I also think the time is right for me to step down and let some new blood into the fray. A big thank you goes out to all those that participated, along with Robert, Brian, Jeff, the judges behind the scenes(the real unsung heroes of the TD), Jake and Doug whom I started this journey with, and all the SMF members who put up with my sense of humor. For without you folks. These throw-downs wouldn't have been as successful as they were.

Thanks again it's been a pleasure serving on the committee this past year.
Chris
Thank you!

Totally understandable Chris. The Throwdowns have been great and a Big Thank You for the tremendous amount of work you've put in, especially the behind scene hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky