Smokin It Model2- Controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heymirth

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
Detroit MI
Hey All- Has anyone had to replace their controller for the Smokin It Model 2-
I got the model 2 with digital controller only 2.5yrs ago and the controller is completely useless- the light up display has been slowly going out for a year.
I called the Mfg and he said it’s only guaranteed for 1yr and it’s $260 to get a replacement one- I bought and used their heavy duty cover and it’s garage kept.
I feel for $900 for a electric smoker, it’s pretty bad that it’s only lasted 2 years.
Has anyone else had this issue?

You could more than likely buy a new controller directly from Auber for considerably less.Not a perfect solution by any means but a less expensive one.
This exactly what I did when I bough my TSM 30# smoker. The original controller was a garbage so when I called them and complained they shipped another controller to me (nice customer service). After I installed/replaced second controller I got the same result - useless controller. I lulled the trigger and bought Auber controller and cannot be more happier with the unit....

Yes, it is an Auber built-in … but probably would have to do the external wiring mod to incorporate and bypass the original. Didn’t realize the controls had a shorter warranty, but guess that’s somewhat typical across the industry (shorter than other components).

I considered the digital version, but went with the analog #3 … a lot less complex and $, has worked fine for me, and figured I would wire in an Auber if I ever wanted to get a PID.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky