Smokin for the waist....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings again everyone!

Now that the vacation is over the Mrs and I have decided to get back on the health train. So I’m starting to grill and smoke anything healthy that I can....

First up- some carrots and onions at 190-200 with some pecan chips. I used my MPS for this and actually tried the chips in foil trick instead of right above the burner- I won’t go back now!

Everything came out pretty good so I’m happy.

Anyone have any favorite not so bad for you things to smoke?

A29BC44E-53A3-4DC1-B87A-9F77E7FDEE9B.jpeg

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I watched a YouTube video last night where a guy brined and smoked a watermelon.
Supposedly, it is to mimic a ham.
My wife asked me, "what is wrong with just smoking a ham and having the unsmoked watermelon for dessert"?

Reactions: crazymoon
sausage wrapped in bacon is my go to health food!

Lol yeah bacon wrapped sausage links and pork belly burnt ends come to mind as healthy foods to smoke!

In all seriousness Squash and Zucchini, grilled tomatoes topped with some basil and balsamic reduction, asparagus, goat cheese stuff peppers, corn, and pineapple are all great grilled

I’ll be probably doing lots of these suggestions. Probably should start with the bacon one though!

I’ll be probably doing lots of these suggestions. Probably should start with the bacon one though!
I don't want to steer your thread off course but you could always wrap turkey sausage with the bacon if your a real healthy eater.

Big fat eggplant, an onipn and a few heads of garlic = baba ganoush.

Sub eggplant for tomato or tomatillos and add peppers for smoked salsa.

I've seen the watermelon ham but can't bring myself to do it. Pineapple does ok, though I'd rather eat it raw or charred/grilled.

I've always grilled them (as opposed to smoking them) but I agree that kabobs are awesome. Also if you haven't tried it cauliflower rice is good and very simple to make yourself from a head a cauliflower.

Reactions: JCAP
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky