Smoker find

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are all the cooking grates there and in decent shape? Hard to tell from the pics but looks like just surface rust...a lil sanding and paint and maybe upgrade the wheels to some pneumatics to make easier to move around. Maybe you can talk him down a little and have it up and cooking for 400. I think it'd be worth that.

looks like a real brute. maybe offer 250 and see if it stirs him then maybe hit him with 300. just a guess though, i'm a horrible barginer.

If they aren't rusted through you can probably wire brush them with a drill and re-season them if they aren't in to bad shape. Just think about how much you will have to spend total to get it up and running.

If you have the tools & the talent, I think you would end up with a pretty good smoker.

If you could do it all for $400, that looks pretty good to me!

Al

I'm thinking a weekend project of sanding and painting. Redoing the wheels will cost the most but probably worth it. Thanks guys, I'll make him an offer and post updates if we make a deal.

Yep, I agree with AL. If you have the time, tools and know how it's worth it for sure. Especially if you can get it a bit cheaper..... Good luck.

Kinda rough skeleton...whaddya think it will take to get it back from the dead, both workwise and dollars & cents??

Let me put it another way:  whaddya think it will take to get it back from the dead, both workwise and dollars & cents??
Anytime.  Glad I could help.  
irony.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky