Smoked Silver Bass

Discussion in 'Fish' started by squid, Jun 24, 2008.

1. One of the guys at work brought in some silver bass he and his father in law caught on the weekend, so I brought the smoker into work today. I brined the fish for 12 hours last night and rinsed them off this morning. They were on the smoker for about 4 hours and other than being a bit on the salty side, they turned out really good. As Dick Proenneke would say " a satisfying day"

2. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey Squid,
    Awesome on the bass! What brine recipe did you use? Did you rinse the fish really well before smokin?
    Looking fwd to some Q-VUE for your next smoke!

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Sounds good Emile but where's the Qview

4. I used Granny GutZ Smoked Fish Recipe. I found it here... http://www.steelheader.net/ubbthread.../o/all/fpart/1

I rinsed the fish off pretty good, but the pieces were fairly small, so 12 hours might have been a bit too long. I think next time I'll try 6 hours.

5. Sorry about the Qview, but I figured smoking the fish at work was pushing my luck as far as I wanted to go. Camera in hand might have been a bit over the top.[​IMG]