smoked pork chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Western Nebraska
i needed to pick up a few pork shoulders for my brother-in-laws b-day party this week end and saw that our local safeway had a killer sale on chops. i picked up a 7 pack for 11 dollars and these are cut about 3/4" thick.  so i jumped on them. i decided to toss 3 in the smoker with cherry wood to see how they turned out. i vacuum sealed the other 4 for later use.

2ce910a3_IMG00352-20110517-1916.jpg

bd9bb334_IMG00354-20110517-2015.jpg
a2fdb994_IMG00355-20110517-2016.jpg

i had the temp set at 185 and smoked for about 3 hours until the internal temp hit 160.  i did not add any outside seasonings to see how they turned out.  next time i will use apple wood, the cherry seemed a bit strong with this batch.  trial and error...the name of the game.

thanx for looking.

Love me some smoked pork chops. I brine them in a mix of buttermilk and Tony Chacharros Creole seasoning overnight, then smoke them for about 2 hrs. at 225-250° with mesquite, they come out awesome!

Love me some smoked pork chops. I brine them in a mix of buttermilk and Tony Chacharros Creole seasoning overnight, then smoke them for about 2 hrs. at 225-250° with mesquite, they come out awesome!

next time all try this..sounds very good, i wast disappointed in the flavor and how it turned out.  the cherry smoke flavor mellowed out overnight and i had it for breakfast at work 
icon_smile.gif

I just add Tony C's to the buttermilk a little at a time and stir it in till I taste a little bit of bite. The enzymes in the buttermilk act as a tenderizer as well, so they stay very moist and tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky