Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cronocide

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Pennsylvania
Chicken.jpg

We had a craving for some chicken cordon bleu the other day. I picked up everything to make it yesterday, and thought why not smoke it. I took 4 chicken breasts and butterflied them. I then pounded them out until they were all uniform size. After that I hit them with some rub and put laid on some ham and swiss cheese. I rolled them up, wrapped them in bacon, and stuck in toothpicks to keep them together. They went on to the smoker at 225* and I'm going to let them go for about 2.5 hours checking temp along the way. Had some scraps that I seasoned and tossed on as well. Hopefully it turns out great, we shall see.

Looks tasty. I've never made cordon blue, and haven't had one in a very long time. Hopefully they turn out and it's something to add to the list of stuff to do.

I've made Cordon Bleu a few times on the kettle very similar to how you did it, but I never thought to add a bacon wrap, Looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

Dude that beats my piza I got ordered all to pieces. Gonna keep this in my to do list!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky