Smoked Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
Egad! I was almost out of smoked cheese! Fortunately, it is still cool here and I have lots of free time! I did smoke Extra Old Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti and Jalapeno cheddar for 2 hours with apple pellets in my A-Maze-N Tube smoker. I have enough of my last batch that I will be able to let these age for a few weeks before diving in!

Smoked Cheese 1.jpg

Smoked Cheese 2.jpg

Attachments

• Smoked Cheese 3.jpg
    Smoked Cheese 3.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 16
Looking good Disco. Two of my favorites, cheddar and gouda. I have never had Havarti but I forgot that I did smoke some last fall...I think I'll have to dig that out of the fridge in a little while. Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks! If you like gouda and cheddar, you will like havarti. A nice semi firm texture and cheesy taste without being overpowering.

Egad! I was almost out of smoked cheese! Fortunately, it is still cool here and I have lots of free time! I did smoke Extra Old Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti and Jalapeno cheddar for 2 hours with apple pellets in my A-Maze-N Tube smoker. I have enough of my last batch that I will be able to let these age for a few weeks before diving in!
Great minds think alike Disco!

I also was running dangerously low, so I got a batch done this morning.... :emoji_thumbsup:

SWMBO told me it needed to happen soon!

You guys up North are so lucky.
If I tried smoking cheese right now, it would be fondue.
Secondhand, luckily I am up in Show Low and morning temps are in the upper forties, so I threw on 4 lbs of Pepper Jack, our favorite, and 2 lbs each of colby jack, and mild cheddar.

IMG_20200428_064926349.jpg

John

Nice disco! I did the same thing with a pile of Gouda a couple nights ago. This was a first, but my amazen maze ignited in my Lang firebox and my cook chamber hit 100 degrees. Didn’t totally melt but my Gouda got a little deformed and oily. I hope I didn’t mess the texture up too too much...

Secondhand, luckily I am up in Show Low and morning temps are in the upper forties, so I threw on 4 lbs of Pepper Jack, our favorite, and 2 lbs each of colby jack, and mild cheddar.

John,
Show Low is the perfect place to be right about now.
Morning temps down here are in the low to mid 60's.
But once the sun gets higher in the sky, things warms up quickly.

Nice looking cheese and a good variety Disco

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks but I didn't think we were so lucky when it snowed a couple of weeks ago!

Thanks. It is such a satisfying project.

You are very kind!
can I Trouble your for a favor. Will you so kind to relay that to my wife. The help would be most beneficial

Very nice, I need to do a batch soon also.

Absolutely. Don't make the mistake I made and almost run out!

As always a great job by disco. Man almost ran out oh no!!!

Warren

Thanks so much, Warren.

Great minds think alike Disco!

I also was running dangerously low, so I got a batch done this morning.... :emoji_thumbsup:

SWMBO told me it needed to happen soon!

View attachment 442792

John

Wise man to listen to the missus!

Looks great Disco. I try to keep myself stocked up during the warmer months.

very nice!

Truth. It does take planning to have cheese through the summer! Thanks!

I can't wait to try and smoke some cheese!!! was it pretty easy?

Smoking cheese has to be easy. I do it. You just need to keep the temperatures low and get some form of smoke generator. Let me know if I can help or answer questions.

Nice disco! I did the same thing with a pile of Gouda a couple nights ago. This was a first, but my amazen maze ignited in my Lang firebox and my cook chamber hit 100 degrees. Didn’t totally melt but my Gouda got a little deformed and oily. I hope I didn’t mess the texture up too too much...

It will still be delicious! Have you tried freezing some juice bottles full of water and putting them around your cheese while smoking?

Nice looking cheese and a good variety Disco

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris. I hope you and yours are safe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky