Small 1.5 pound pork loins...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bassadict69

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Benton, La
My wife bought a couple of 1 1/2 pound pork loins so I am going to throw them on the smoker. I am thinking I will stuff one with some apple jelly and the other with jalapeno cream cheese. I am debating on wrapping them with bacon.

Anyway, I am thinking if I smoke at 250, it should take more than a couple hours til done...sound about right?

Another question, if I take one to high enough IT, will it be pullable? or just dry out?

My wife bought a couple of 1 1/2 pound pork loins so I am going to throw them on the smoker. I am thinking I will stuff one with some apple jelly and the other with jalapeno cream cheese. I am debating on wrapping them with bacon.

Anyway, I am thinking if I smoke at 250, it should take more than a couple hours til done...sound about right?

Another question, if I take one to high enough IT, will it be pullable? or just dry out?
Hmm..hardly big enough to stuff. That sounds more like pork tenderloin.
Make a glaze with Apple jelly and butter with a spoon of dijon mustard and like a squeeze of lemon juice in a pot just heated to combine. [emoji]129300[/emoji] bacon is always good. You might want to roll it around in a hot pan after smoking to crisp the bacon. Maybe it will be ok off the smoker.

Last edited:
Correction...they are small pork roasts, she had said they were pork loins.

I stuffed one with some apple butter and the other with jalapeno cream cheese and wrapped in bacon and will smoke with apple wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky