Six days off work, what to do? what to do?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

s2k9k

AMNPS Test Group
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
SEUSA
Well I kicked it off by trimming up 20 lbs of sirloin tip to smoke some pastrami next weekend. Off one of them I got something that resembles a tri-tip so it is resting in the fridge wrapped in Gary's Java Rub to be smoked in the next couple of days. I also pulled a half of a whole ribeye out of the freezer that will hit the smoker too. I found 2 racks of ribs in there too that will probably get pulled also. I'm going to pick up all the lumber and supplies for my smokehouse tomorrow and will take part on the charcoal sale too!
So i guess it's going to be building a smokehouse and tending a smoker right next to me! Should be a smokey relaxing weekend!!! Oh and it's supposed to be mid 80's and sunshine all weekend! I'll try to keep ya'll posted if I can pull myself away from enjoying the great outdoors!!!
Happy Memorial Day everyone!! Let's have some fun, relax and remember why we get to do all the things we love to do!!!

Dave....while you are getting some charcoal....could you get some for me too?  Please! 
biggrin.gif

I will pick it up when I come down to eat what you are going to be fixin!  Sounds like a great weekend plan!

Kat

Come on down! We can throw all kinds of stuff on there, I'm willing to try anything! Yes it is going to be a good weekend!!

Come on down! We can throw all kinds of stuff on there, I'm willing to try anything! Yes it is going to be a good weekend!!
Cool!!!  We are going to be opening the pool for a party on Sunday.  Going to be doing 2 briskets, 2 butts, some chicken thighs and some Polk Sausages for the weekend.  Going to practice some of the stuff I have learned in the comps.

We could share!  Just sayin! 
biggrin.gif

Kat

Sounds like a fun Sunday! Lots of good food and cool water! Should be Great weather over there too!

Hey everyone else, go ahead and tell us what you are going to be doing!

And let's not forget all those Great women and men who have made this all possible for the rest of us! :PDT_Armataz_01_37:

smilie_flagge13.gif
Dave is right! 
yeahthat.gif

Dont forget the guys and girls who have served and are still serving our Country!

Kat

I'll be smoking 10 eight pound boston butts Monday to feed 93 people at work Tuesday night. Another guy is making baked beans, potato salad and cole slaw, I'll also be providing two gallons of homemade bbq sauce. Other than that, brewing 5 gallons of caribou slobber, 5 gallons of bavarian hefeweizen and 5 gallons of holsch.
A big THANK YOU to ALL who served!!!

Pouring today here. And I feel like Joe Btfsplk   in Lil Abner, the guy who always walked around with a thunder storm cloud above his head, just raining on him! The clouds have settled in just over my house and been sitting here raining all day long.

But I do have some more of those defective ribs left to do something with tomorrow, its time to cruise the sales tomorrow. Beer truck came by today so stocked up for the weekend. I have to admit though, I have pepper and onions and mushrooms stuck in my mind. Maybe smoked french dip sandwichs, smoked prime rib roast cut really thin, carmalized onions, peppers and 'shrooms, smoked provolone, a little a'ju. Thats sound so good I believe that might happen!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky