Sirloin tips.... heck yeah!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
While out shopping yesterday I was quite surprised to see a couple pounds of sirloin tips. And the marbling looked darn good. So, I took them home. And got them sitting in a bath of Montreal spice blend and olive oil. I also picked up some broccoli, fresh mushrooms, and asparagus. And a few Russets. I cut up the potatoes and mixed in some olive oil, and home made french onion soup mix. Then put them in the oven at 375 degrees.
The veggies got cooked with olive oil, butter, salt, and pepper. With a touch of lemon pepper. I started by cooking the mushrooms first for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, then the asparagus tips until tender.
The sirloin tips were cooked in a CI pan until done. The got some great crunchy edges on them!
Not a lot of pics. But here ya go.

P5120842.jpg
P5120846.jpg
P5120847.jpg

WOW!! Once again Steve, a huge pile of good ol' down home cooking. That looks fantastic!! Great job

Robert

Steve that looks very tasty! I bet those tips were tender and delcious and always love to add asparagus.

Sure does look good! That's a plateful of heaven, just love CI pans for getting food crispy, especially on fried potatoes and since I'm usually on clean up detail I get the end of them.

Big like
Ryan

WOW!! Once again Steve, a huge pile of good ol' down home cooking. That looks fantastic!! Great job

Robert
Thanks Bud!

Great looking meal. And I bet it was delicious.
Thank you! It was very good!

Steve that looks very tasty! I bet those tips were tender and delcious and always love to add asparagus.
Thanks! I only wish that I would have bought. I'm hoping to make them again this weekend.

Heck yeah is right Steve, that plate just screams come and get it, Like! RAY
Thanks Ray!

Great job Steve, looks fantastic!

Giving then CI pans a workout I see....:emoji_wink:

Like!

John
Thanks John. Yeah, I do like using those CI pans!

Gotta love that cast iron cooking. Looks great!
Thank you! or some cooking. CI pans can'tr be beat.

All looks great Steve. I would tear up a plate of that!
Thank you!

Sure does look good! That's a plateful of heaven, just love CI pans for getting food crispy, especially on fried potatoes and since I'm usually on clean up detail I get the end of them.

Big like
Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I'm the only one that uses them. The wife loves the results. But hates caring for them.

Holey cow does that ever look appetizing !
Thanks!

A good score finding those tips. That’s a damn nice looking meal there Steve.
Thank you!. I'm hoping to find more of them. The marbling in them made them very juicy and tender.

Never heard of Sirloin tips before, I would attack a plate of that, nice looking feed
Thank you. Before this outbreak they were pretty common up here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky