Seared And Smothered Rib Eye (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
This was a bachelor dinner I did not too long ago. The folder has been sitting on my desktop and I just opened it up to take a peek. The meal came out better than I remembered so decided to post it. I don't believe I've done a thread on this one because I'll move the folders to a master folder after posting and this one has just been sitting there. All that aside, I wanted to do something a bit different and the cogs started turning. This is what I came up with.

A 12 oz. CPB rib eye with some of my beef rub on it
007_Fotogenic.jpg

Cut up some fresh asparagus tips and red onions. Into a CI skillet with butter and minced garlic
008_Fotogenic.jpg

Some tomatoes and cooked bacon that's been chopped up
009_Fotogenic.jpg

Asparagus and onions on the grill
010_Fotogenic.jpg

Cook down a little bit and add the tomatoes and bacon
012_Fotogenic.jpg

Steak into another CI skillet with some butter
013_Fotogenic.jpg

Sear one side and flip
014_Fotogenic.jpg

Pile on a bunch of fresh shredded mozz. You can see it starting to crisp up on the bottom. I love that crispy cheese!
015_Fotogenic.jpg

Now load up the veggies and bacon then under the "pizza dome" to heat and finish melting the cheese
016.jpg

Toast up a couple of rolls with butter and garlic
017.jpg

Steak done and off the grill
019.jpg

Time to eat!!
020.jpg

And the obligatory money shot
022.jpg

This was really good. All sorts of great flavors coming together, fresh veggies, bacon, melted cheese, and that nicely seasoned steak. This is one that will certainly get done again real soon and Tracy is gonna be here for the next one. Seemed unfair to eat like that when she wasn't here but oh well...it was her choice to go out with her friend :emoji_laughing:

Thanks once again for dropping in and we'll see everybody again soon.

Robert

Mighty fine, Robert!
I like the idea of combining sauted vegetables with a steak instead of the same old same old.
Knowing you, I'm surprised there weren't mushrooms involved LOL!
Seems you've been having a few "bachelor" days lately. Hmm....

Wow! That is 5 star for sure! Looks amazing, I definitely want to try that. great work! thank you for sharing!

Beautiful meal and presentation Robert. I know that had to be delicious. Added to my list for when it's just me and Emily. Nice work bud

Great meal Robert! Everything looks delicious, and what a great idea. I am loving that Beef Rub you shared a few weeks ago. I've been using it regularly. Great work as usual.

Looks good .I take my Rib eye straight up with a side of rib eye .
Nice write up and pics as usual .

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks like a meal fit for a king instead of a bachelor! Excellent dinner my friend, I definitely could go for a smothered ribeye.

Robert the meal looks excellent as always. Your food is always spot on and I have to say your presentation continues to elevate to new heights lately.

Good Lord Robert! That’s out of bounds! Sorry for yelling, but dang that is just incredible sir. So we’ll done. Book marking this for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Knowing you, I'm surprised there weren't mushrooms involved LOL!

Well I do love mushrooms but Tracy....not so much. Being that they don't keep in the fridge very long I rarely have them on hand and I hate canned mushrooms. They would be a great addition though, that's for sure.

Wow! That is 5 star for sure! Looks amazing, I definitely want to try that. great work! thank you for sharing

Thank you for the kind words and you're more than welcome. As you well know, sharing ideas is what we do here. This one was fun, interesting, and really good so thought I'd share it.

Beautiful meal and presentation Robert. I know that had to be delicious. Added to my list for when it's just me and Emily. Nice work bud

Thanks Jake!! I had an idea just now. Try doing it on the pellet grill. That might add a really nice flavor. I just used the gasser but am liking the idea of the Rec Tec for the next one.

Robert

Damn fine meal Robert! Bet all of those flavors melded together was off the charts. I also love that crusty cheese

Thanks John, and yes sir, this one was a flavor bomb. Lots of cool stuff going on....and yes also to the crusted cheese. Love it when that happens.

Great meal Robert! Everything looks delicious, and what a great idea. I am loving that Beef Rub you shared a few weeks ago. I've been using it regularly

Thank you Mike and I'm thrilled that you're enjoying the beef rub. Several folks here in the forum have adopted it and seem to use it regularly.

Looks good .I take my Rib eye straight up with a side of rib eye

I'm with you Chop!! Issue is that I was raised that you had to have a protein, a starch, and a veggie on your plate. Add to that we both love veggies, I kinda like to incorporate them into meals.

Robert

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks Great Robert!!!
It would be even better if the Onions were Fried.

Thank you Bear, for the kind words and the like. Insofar as the onions, we like them all sorts of different ways. I do understand your aversion to them a certain way though :emoji_wink:

Robert an other fine meal. Even if you did eat alone, i bet you were happy

Appreciate it David and yes, this one made me happy. Enough so that I'll treat Tracy to it one evening soon.

Looks like a meal fit for a king instead of a bachelor! Excellent dinner my friend, I definitely could go for a smothered ribeye.

Thanks Joe!! You'd love this one, I can promise you that buddy. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Robert

Your food is always spot on and I have to say your presentation continues to elevate to new heights lately

Thanks so much Jeff but the only thing this presentation had going for it was a lot of vibrancy with all the different colors.

Good Lord Robert! That’s out of bounds! Sorry for yelling, but dang that is just incredible sir. So we’ll done. Book marking this for sure. Thanks for sharing.

It's ok to scream like that. Far better than what I'm used to :emoji_wink: Thank you for the kind words and if you do make it, I can only hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Excellent work brother!

Thank you...my brother from another mother :emoji_laughing:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky