Savealot Pork Ribs score

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Every now and then our local Savealot has Swaggerty back ribs for $0.99 a lbs as they do this week.
Screenshot_20240103-133017~3.png
You have to pick through them as there are many packs that are odds and ends and trimming cuts. With a little patience though you can score nice meaty half racks.
1000006101-01.jpeg
1000006100-01.jpeg
PXL_20240103_180341378.jpg
I found 20 lbs that were very nice. Took them home and vacuum sealed in oversized gallon bags. Works perfectly for these half racks. Packed a full rack in each.
1000006102-01.jpeg
I had no intention to buy anything other than a few staples but couldn't pass on these. I'm going to reorganize some freezer space and see if they put out more tomorrow. If so I'll grab at least another 20 lbs. Another thing nice about these back ribs is they do not leave a lot of loin meat on them to dry out.

Last edited:
We used to have a Save-A-Lot store in a little shopping center. The building was a Woolco in the 80's. They had some amazing deals in the meat department.

Reactions: jcam222
Nice score Jeff, That should hold you for a while.

Chris

Way to stay alert and strike while the iron's hot Jeff! This time of year there's some great sales to be had if you just keep your eyes open and grab the goods. RAY

Grabbed another 25 lbs today. Cooking this morning and will get those vacuum packed this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm set for a few nice rib get togethers in the spring and a rack or two for me this winter.

Reactions: gmc2003
Going tomorrow after deer hunting to scope it out! It appears we have the same ad in our towns!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky