SANTAROSANO CHORIZO (ST. ROSE SAUSAGE)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I made your recipe last night and rested overnight then stuffed them. I followed your recipe except I roasted the garlic first then I added sodium erythorbate (it’s a preservative made from vitamin C) and I added 60ml of red wine before I stuffed.

I have to say this is one of the most flavorful sausages I’ve made in a while. A lot going on with every bite. It’s a little on the rich side but very delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe and culture.
Very happy that You liked it!

I already saw them in your post. Fantastic recipe interpretation, modification and execution. They look like authentic Colombian chorizos.

Albert

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Hello Mr.

I've Been reading about the sodium erythorbate for Ham curing...am I missing something if I do not add it to My chorizo?
I like sodium erythorbate for its preservative qualities ( was thinking of the fresh green onion and cilantro) but it also helps to hold the cure color in the meat, it freezes longer better and lastly it insures all of the nitrites get converted to nitric oxide faster and more completely.

You definitely don’t need SE but I think in the end it makes a better sausage, I put it in all my cured meats except for long dried meats like salami or Lonzino.

Reactions: I-am-Chorizo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky