Salt free rubs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vlap

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 17, 2007
Bradenton, Florida
My grandmother is getting out of the hospital and on a restricted diet (no salt) so before I cook for her I might as well get some ideas.
Anyone have a very tasty salt free rub?

I made up that porkers rib rub in the rub section sidebar. it has only onion salt but thats easy. I thought it was good,maybe more sugar and garlic

Got a few...
1. recipe rub no salt
2tbs chili powder
2tbs Tones garlic & herb (sifted to take out the big stems)
2Tbs paprika
2tbs powered onion
1tbs black pepper
1tbs williams sauage seasoing- no salt or( or tyme ground) this is a good one that many like but it is a spring board to add or take away more or less to make it your own... No salt..

Thank you Gentlemen!

I know I had seen some on here but was unable to find them.

Vlap, I was gonna post the link to that but snowball beat me to it.

The last time I did the recipe, I didn't have any lemonade powder so I ended up using some cherry instead. The porkloin I used the cherry rub on I smoked with some pecan and cherry wood splits was mighty good.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky