Sadly...half your pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

killbuck

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
WNY (Seneca Reservation)
are not seen buy a few of us old timers living in country who can't get high speed internet and who still have to use dailup. The pics are so big and take so much time to load we're lucky to get 2-3 pics before it times out and just red x's appear.

Oh well. I would have liked to have seen some of them but it is not meant to be.

Enjoy the day.

I would recommend using one of the services (such as Earthlink) that has a dial-up accelerator. It will load a blurry pic to greatly speed up your browsing time, then you can load pics individually that you want to see and can see them all.

Just a thought. My mom lives out in the country and has to use dial-up still. Needless to say that I don't use the computer much when I visit!

Yes, I remember those days when I had dial-up. And I understand.

That's why I post pictures as attachments.
The pictures are small and load quickly.
Then, you can click a picture for a larger view.

Hang in there. Don't give up.

I optimize my pics in Paint Shop Pro to lower the file size and hopefully they load for everyone. Giant full-size pics are dialup killer for sure.

My camera has the ability to shoot pics at 640X480 which is just the right size for e-mail. In addition, uploading pics that size to photobucket are extremely quick and I would hope that the folks that have dial-up get the chance to see them after one of my posts. Haven't heard any complaints yet, but I would be curious to know.

I am in the Country and have dialup also. Part of the reason I try to get members to hold max photo size at 800 pixels wide. If you have a less than Pentium 4 computer, it will still load slow. Country living has it disadvantages sometime, but the deer playing in the yard, the lack of traffic and the sky full of stars more than makes up for it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky