Youtube site FoodieLand / Dino ribs reverse seared over high heat coals

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
I ran across FoodieLand on YouTube and they have an episode called "Amazing buffet at a 5 star hotel in Korea".
Super high end kitchen with mass quantities of beef, lamb and seafood being prepaired by very skilled cooks.
What caught my eye is they reverse sear all the red meats and particurarly beef dino ribs.
I'm trying to wrap my brain around the idea of cooking them that way so I watched and rewatched the episode and caught a brief glimpse of the oven the dino's came out of, which showed 131c as the temp.
All the red meat they prepair this way is on a deep bed of carrot slices, onion slices and celery hunks and in the dino bone case these looked to have been roasted at a higher temp than 131c OR for a long time.
After convection oven cook they are transferred to a iron grate cooker with a very high temp fire going underneath.
Flames erupted as soon as the ribs were placed and the cook constantly rotates them to brown every side and aspect.
When completely browned the camera switches to another item being prepaired so I don't know if the ribs make it to a holding oven or go back in the convection oven or what.
They do appear again in the film as they are placed on the buffet line with everything else that's on offer but I don't see much "pull back" at all as one would expect to see on say a 8 hour ride in an offset stickburner.
If anyone is interested in looking at the video, I would like to hear opinions on what these guys are doing as I would love to give it a try!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky