Root Crops Plus

Discussion in 'Root Crops' started by bwsmith_2000, Feb 20, 2010.

1. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well we had a beautiful day today and the garden is just barely dry enough to begin to work plus we have rain (70%) coming in on Monday. So, with the temp in the upper 60's tomorrow and only partly cloudy, the wife and I went to our local farm and garden store and purchased seeds and plants for out early garden.

Tomorrow we plan to plant yokon gold potatoes, radishes, beets, cabbage, brocoli, culiflower, onions and some herbs. We look forward to a first day of the year in the garden. It will be great to get a little dirt under the nails again. How about the rest of you ...... is it time to start getting out again yet?

2. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

NOPE!

Got anywhere from bare grass, to 2 foot drifts, to piles taller than me of snow. [​IMG]

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

3 ft of snow here no plants for several months.

4. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You're out there starting plants in the garden today...
    Up here in jersey we still have snow out but I'm starting my seeds today for transplanting.
    Our last frost date this year is projected April 6th.

5. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Cannot put anything in the ground here till the first full weekend in June. Danger of killing frost till then. We will start our stuff indoors around the first of April.

Cheers!

6. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Being from Maryland and haveing an all time snowy winter I have not idea of when to think about planting

7. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Snow, Sleet Rain today, calling for snow accumulation 5-8 inches tomorrow here. Not planting yet...