Ribs, Pork Butt, and Mac & Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nkpal624

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 7, 2018
Boston, MA
After a busy week of final exams and work, I decided to relax this weekend and smoke some ribs, pork butt, and mac & cheese while watching the football games. I am smoking two racks of St. Louis ribs and the mac for dinner tonight while the six pound boneless pork butt is for a friend. Both the ribs and pork butt have my pork rub on them which I will post in a picture here for everyone to see. The mac and cheese will be made later using Traeger's smoked mac & cheese recipe. I will also be firing up some pork tenderloins on Christmas Day.

Interested in seeing what everyone else is smoking this holiday weekend.

-Nick

Pork Rub Recipe.jpg Pork butt before 12-23-2018.jpg Ribs before 12-23-2018.jpg Ribs and Pork Butt 12-23-2018 Before.jpg

Heres my update on dinner tonight. The ribs and mac & cheese were awesome. I used the 3-2-1 method of smoking which resulted in some pretty good pull from the bone and great flavor without any additional sauce needed. After I pulled the ribs out of the smoker I used the leftover juices from the ribs to sauce them before serving.

I think next time I make the mac and cheese I might top it off with something that has a little more flavor than the mild cheddar. Pork butt is still in there and has about 30° to go before being pulled from the smoker.

Here are some pics of tonight's dinner.
31860.jpeg 20181223_185604.jpg 20181223_183912.jpg 20181223_185334.jpg

Reactions: sbacpo and gmc2003
Well I hope you did as well on your exams as you did on that cook. A+

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky