Rib Question - Smoking today to serve tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevin13

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 8, 2007
Wentzville, MO
I'm in a "friendly" smoking competition at work tomorrow. I plan on doing 3 slabs of ribs later this evening so that they are done around 10PM. What's the best way to serve these tomorrow morning? After saucing should I refoil and place in a cooler with towels? Should I foil and place in the fridge and then reheat in a crock pot in the morning? I've pretty much always just smoked and served the same day. I don't want to compromise the integrity of the ribs too much by doing the wrong thing...I need to win this thing.

Any info is appreciated and thanks.

What time tomorrow will you be serving?  I'd foil them refrigerate overnight and reheat them in a crock pot or oven, minimally cut them to fit in, not into individual ribs, cut and serve.

What time tomorrow will you be serving?  I'd foil them refrigerate overnight and reheat them in a crock pot or oven, minimally cut them to fit in, not into individual ribs, cut and serve.

Thanks Pops. I usually get to work at about 7AM and that's when I'll turn on the crock pot. Whenever they have warmed up is when they will be served. They will pretty much sit in the crock pot until they are gone.....basically people will stop by the desk at any given time to sample and then rate.

I like to cut my ribs when they cool and put in a foil pan. I re heat by an oven and that seems to work well for me.

Pops has a good workable idea...however I 'cringe' at stuff coming out of a "Crock" pot (thus the name)
ROTF.gif
 , but ...if you have one , put in Vacume bags and heat in boiling water at work. No stove at work , either get up real early and Smoke them to wrap and take into work for that "fresh off the smoker taste" , (wrapped , towled and in a cooler) .
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Pops has a good workable idea...however I 'cringe' at stuff coming out of a "Crock" pot (thus the name)
ROTF.gif
 , but ...if you have one , put in Vacume bags and heat in boiling water at work. No stove at work , either get up real early and Smoke them to wrap and take into work for that "fresh off the smoker taste" , (wrapped , towled and in a cooler) .
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
OK, I admit I have a crock pot under my desk at work for "food day" type situations.  However, in this instance I agree with the wrapped, toweled and cooler scenario if it is possible.

Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky