Restaurant search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, here we go.. we'll be opening this tuesday .. a QUIET opening with any luck. we'll be having the cooks and waitresses over this weekend and on monday. We also got part of the entertainment license "Radio and TV" but we're appealing it for live music as well .. All the coolers are up and running <crossing fingers> and the icemaker is up and running. I oredered some beer and have to fill out more applications to other beer suppliers .. The wife ordered the wine .. and I placed a 4 grand order for just meat, veggies and other things we'll need ... I hope to take some pics of the place with customers in it .. any way .. back to work .. trying to keep the menu simple .. <redoing it again> .. catch ya'll later

Joe

Hey, Joe!

Here's wishing you all the success possible! You've worked hard for it and you've earned it! And this especially goes to the fantastic woman at your side.

Now, here's an idea. Keep a camera handy and start a "Rogue's Gallery" of all the SMF family who pass through the front door. Could make for an interesting point of conversation!

Cheers!

Awesome news Joe, best of luck!

Hoping to be hoisting a few in your new place before too long!

great to hear joe. a bit of advice(if ya will allow me)keep a good ac/refrig man that does nights & weekends on speed dial- the ice makeer WILL take a crap- they always do & keep a local convenience store in good standing unless ya got a 24 hour delivery ice man nearby... ice machines always suck. even brand new ones - if it's in the kitchen even worse- you can actually help a bit by getting a 12-16" fan to blow directly on the coils & dust them weekly.hope the advice helps- thats a great place ya got opening. looking forward to coming to say hi some day.

Great Idea Monty, as usual thanks to you and everyone else for the support. We'll goshopping this weekend for the things I know I have forgot to pick up or order .. but that's the nature of the beast.

See you soon,

Joe

Thanks Ron, It'll be great to meet you folks. We are trying to make this place a family type of bbq place. Not many in this area so we have that on our side as well .. and we are getting free press as well .. We've been told that our place is just what the area needed and we have gotten lots of support even from the Mayors office and staff... not a bad thing..

Joe

Hey Gypsyseagod,
We have a contract with a company that will come in quarterly and check out the equipment and will be there when we need them. The ice maker isn't in the kitchen <not enough room> so we placed it by the bar under the soda machine, placed a new filter in the vent and started making ice lastnight after giveing the tub a good cleaning and rinse. I always listen to advice and have taken lots of it. Funny thing when I was younger I knew everything, Now I know I don't know as much as I thought I knew. <laugh> Maturity has it rewards I guess.. If ya make it up this way .. stop in and say hi.

Joe

Joe,

You and your wife are my heroes. I too am taking the plunge. I have just been lurking here and keeping my mouth shut. I have just purchased a building in a small town here in IL and will start remodeling in another week. I have been in looking at my hood and just wondering how much grease I had in there. Especially after reading the horror story about yours. I have sat back and watched your dream unfold as I am looking forward to mine starting!

Congratulations!

Hey, BBQnIL!

Happy to see that you came outta the woodwork! If I may huimbly suggest that you start a new thread on your adventure we would all really enjoy and jump in to offer what we can! (Sorry, no cash!)

The SMF Family has been sitting on the edge of their chairs following Joe's long and rediculously red-taped path to open his Q joint. We're proud of him and his missus for hanging in there and doing it right!

So step up to the plate, start your own thread and make us a part of your path to success and we'll be with you every step of the way!

Cheers!

Hi BBQnIL,
My only advice at this point would be to go to the mayors office and see if they have a book of the steps one would have to take to open a place. Good luck in your adventure and Monty is correct, The folks here have been very supportive cheering us on and have been watching for sometime now. What I have learned was whatever can go wrong will go wrong. As far as thr red tape ... we'll all I can say is you will have your fill of it ... Good luck in your quest.

Joe

Joe,

Haven't weighed in lately but have been following your progress. I'm the Yankees and Indians fan who thinks Fenway is the greatest living baseball park. I'm in boston on Business Tuesday and Wednesday.....would love to buy you a beer at Smoken' Joe's!! Let me know if you are on schedule to open Tuesday or Wednesday. Good Luck!!
bud

Hey Bud!
We have a food delivery today and the final health inspection so looks like we'll be open .. let me know what time and any info you need to find the place ... I'll check back later tonight ..

See ya later,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Just walking out the door. I'll check back this evening to confirm your address. Good luck with your inspection today.

bud

Hiya Joe, Bud's other half here. If you would like just PM(me or Bud) or post your address so he can tell the cabbie where to go. Sure wish I could be there....but I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through Bud this time.
wink.gif
Best of luck today and let us know how it goes.

Joe -

If you want I'll post your info on my site - I'm hooked up with the smoking ring now maybe it'll add some hits to your restaurant . Do you have a logo yet? PM me ...

Joe,

I get into Logan at 3:30 tomorrow and will check into a hotel that is about 6 miles from your place. If you are willing, would love to visit and see your new digs. If the hastle factor is working, I'll check in on the next boston visit. Let me know.

bud

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky