Restaurant search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can't wait for the pic's!!!! How do you vent the smoker? I would think I would want a little "leak" so you can catch a waif in the dining room...

The smoker is vented under the kitchen exhaust hood and you do get the smell of smoke in the dinning area. Not an over powering smell but a nice sweet smoking meat smell. As usual the building inspector didn't show up so I'll have to wait until tuesday because the city workers get monday off "Bunker hill day" go figure. <rolling eyes here>.. hang in there for the pics .. hope to take some this weekend.

PS: I ordered 2000lbs of hickory chips .. they should be here next week.

Joe

I am Psyched!

I can't believe I am ecited about driving in Boston!
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Got you beat, Brother Joe!

At least the Battle of Bunker Hill was fought in Massachisetts!

As all well know I am an employee of the State of Vermont. Vermont celebrates "Bennington Battle Day". It is a day off for us on or about August 16.

While there is a Bennington, Vermont the actual battle was fought across the New York Border!

Go figure, but I will take the day off!

Lookin' close, Joe!

Cheers!

BTW!

What will be your hours of operation? I am looking at a weekend visit. And which days will the band be playing? Be warned... I can be very funny won an open mike!

Cheers!

Monty, Due to this messed up city our entertainment license was knocked down. The old one said we could have entertainment until 10:30pm. We went through all the town meetings and were approved for a 12am license. But the city denied it and we had to file an appeal soooo My wife when in today and spoke to the folks at the board and they said it would take 60 to 90 days for the appeal to be heard. So my wife said can we still have music until 10:30pm and they said no because we filed an appeal, They said we could withdraw the appeal and have the entertainment until 10:30pm and then file to have the have the entertainment license extended until 12am. Just happens that the person in charge is out until next wednesday. Needless to say we are pretty unhappy with this and thought that once the town meeting approved it that it would be ok .. but it's not .. so, making it in Massachusetts is more difficult that the slogan says .. BTW, I had a few melt down from working long hours, 7 days a week my wife thought I had a stroke, She was asking me my name ... birth date and ss number. I'm fine and just needed to slow down some .. have to admit though that my mental state was not functioning very well and I was somewhat disorientated that night. Lack of sleep, stress and being putting in very long hours trying to finish up. One thing for sure is that we'll only have to go throught this once.. anyway .. time for rest and I'll keep ya posted on the opening... we'll have a soft opening at first then down the road the Grand Opening.

Be well,

Joe

Easy there Joe! If you are getting that worn out you better slow down or you might end up in the hospital! We don't want that to happen now do we?

Sheesh Debi, You sound like my wife <laugh> she's 1/2 italian, I tell her that's the better half :) The brunt of the hard work is done, been cleaning the place up for pics today. The wife has been framing pictures and arrainging the seating. Most all the large tools have been taken out of the place and are now back home. So all and all we come a long way and can't wait to open. Stay tuned for the pics.

Joe

Joe -

It's sounds weird but it happen to me a few years ago. I was woking 12 to18 hour days 7 days a week for about 5 months and I fell down one day and didn't get up until three days later. It took almost a year before my head cleared and I could think straight - everything was like slow motion or something. NOTHING was wrong with me. Doctors just called it total exastion.

I've been busy as hell finishing up. The inspections are almost all done <had 7 inspections so far we just need the fire inspection and health inspection> As luck would have it the walkin cooler crapped out and we have to buy a new cooling unit for it. Anyway .. I have the PICTURES!

Smoken' Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky