Restaurant search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gosh Joe looks like the hard work has paid off and all your dreams (at least wakened dreams) are being realized! Congrats hon! I am so happy for you. See you soon!

Hi Debi,
Hard work "YES" can never let your guard down. We are trying to improve each day. I' m doing close to 90 hrs per week. We were planning on staying open for T day but the day flew by and we didn't advertiseay sooo we'll be closed. The wife said I needed a day off and asked me what I was going to cook for T Day.. In my sarcastic tone I said 'Lets have a BBQ and smoke something" laugh .. I would love the idea of having someone else cook for me .. anyway.. I'm off to the store going to smoke some brisket, ribs and butts and get the cooking line up. Hope to see ya soon.

Joe

Hey Joe, have a great T-day and enjoy the time off with your family!

Take care!

Hey Joe, good to take a day off, eh? It's my busy season, with everyone wanting their new TV/stereo/latest gizmo up and running for their parties, etc. On a week notice. Grr.. and deer seasons in full swing, so I got a ton of jerky and sausage, etc. to do. Ah well... I'd rather cook these days, tell ya that. Have a happy Thanksgiving, and a profitable Holiday run!

Congrats Joe!! Great review...so what's up with that mac & cheese??
icon_smile.gif

Still waiting for those pictures to get downloaded! We'd like to see the joint!

Hey HH, It will be a well needed rest. I think I'm comming down with a cold so I may take advantage of the day and sleep and just maybe .. just maybe won't have to cook tomorrow. Turkey isn't on the menu as of yet.. But who knows. Have a great T day and enjoy the games!

Joe

Hi Rich, Yep.. going to take the day off. 1st day off since we started this project back in January so it's a well deserved day off .. Perhaps sleep all day? One thing for sure .. It's going to fell strange doing nothing.. laugh
Have a great day and don't let the turkey stuff you :)

Joe

Hi Shell,
Richard came up as well as Bob and took some pics <somewhere in this forum> As far as the mac and cheese goes. people have differnt likes and dislikes, It's impossible to please all the people so you have to take a middle of the road stand. Some love the mac and cheese and I go through many lbs per week. So, the question is "do you change the recipe to please one person"? of course you don't, you offer them something else. You can't please all the people all the time but we do try. I have an idea.. You can come out and visit and take your own pics :) .. and I'll give you the tour of the place and you'll get to meet "BERTHA" <the smokers name> she weighs in at 960 lbs and will hold 400lbs of meat at a time .. <my kinda gal .. lol> and she's only 12 years old. <get yer mind out of the gutter guys> I hope you have a great holiday, sre you cooking up anything specal?

Joe

hey folks, We had a "Hotter than Hell night" on thursday. It was a success. I made a special wing sauce that was <evil laugh here> hotter than hell. We gave each guest 6 free chicken wings that night so they could try the sauces and to let folks know that we were thier we sent the radio station a huge platter of food as well as signing up for some radio time. We recieved a letter back from a disjockey tellin us that the BBQ was great. They also said that the other stations in the building could smell the food and they also tried to get samples :) Anyway, There is a website "Citysquares.com" that has pics and out of a 5 point rating we have a 4.6 raiting. and yes . if you read the latest review I did eat the habinero pepper. The waitresses dressed up in red devil horns and long red tails for that event. As in cooking the Q you have to build the business slowly. Now we are planning a New Years Eve Party. we filed for an extended hours of operation wich was approved. All we have to do now is work on the menu and avdertise .. I'll update more later!

Joe

Congrats Joe, that is awesome!! All that hard work (and I'm sure a ton of money) is paying off! Good luck and hope to see you soon!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!! Congrat's Joe, like Phil said all the hard work and $$$$ are paying off!!! Me and Bud are so happy for you and your family!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I am truly delighted and excited!

Somehow I just knew you would succeed and it seems that every report gets better!

Looks like late spring for a trip to Boston. The business I had there which was put off in October has now come back about! Can't wait!

Happy Holidays,
God Bless,
and
Cheers!

Great news to hear Joe. Have a great holiday.

Looks like New Years Eve Party is going to happen. We got our entertainment license for live music!!! Not only for New Years but the year. All we have to do now is have the fire inspection from the fire dept and it's a GO!! We've had alot of folks that moved here from Tn, Al, NC, La, Va and so on and they love the BBQ. I have even got thanks from people in the area for opening up this place at this location. We got our window decals on and a blade sign, the main sign won't be done until sometime around the 25th .. Been busy as hell trying to reduce cost and overhead to make this profitable. They say a start up takes a year to show profit <I hope sooner or atleast enough to keep current with the bills> Strange business and this economy doesn't help. Not to forget it the holiday season. But, we're not giving up and are comming up with ideas to make it profitable. I can control food cost <a little> I can't control the rent. electric or eletric. I only thing I have control over is the labor cost. Back to New Years Eve Party.. we'll have 2 seatings an early bird show and a later show .. with any luck we'll fill the place .. I have to get going to work and will catch up with you folks later..

Thanks again

Joe

PS: this thread is close to 10,000 hits .. who would have thunk it .. :)

JEEZE LOUEEZE Joe!!!! I am new here and just found this thread today. Read all 40 pages and I am worn out. I wish you all the luck in the world and feel the need to travel to Boston. May your holidays be bright.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky