Reheating

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mchlfore

Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
My church has a pot luck Dinner at the end of every month and I was thinking about smoking a pork butt for it. My question pertains to smoking and pulling it on Saturday, then bringing it to church for Sunday, what should I do to reheat it at church. We have a kitchen with stove, so do I reheat it in the oven, or microwave, or should I consider bringing it in a slow cooker?

Just did this for a retirement at work. Smoked two small shoulders and two butts. Pan and Wrapped for last part of cook. Skimmed fat off juice added back to pan of pulled pork. Warmed in oven at work nxt day. Gone in 20 minutes.
20190320_061116.jpg
20190320_103215.jpg
20190320_191837.jpg
20190320_201748.jpg

You should be fine using a crock pot to reheat the PP. Just add a little apple juice to it.

Chris

What Chris said.
I have a fat separator for the pork butt juice. Will add some of that and when I reheat I add some apple juice and reheat.

My church has a pot luck Dinner at the end of every month and I was thinking about smoking a pork butt for it. My question pertains to smoking and pulling it on Saturday, then bringing it to church for Sunday, what should I do to reheat it at church. We have a kitchen with stove, so do I reheat it in the oven, or microwave, or should I consider bringing it in a slow cooker?

Hi there and welcome!

There are a few different approaches to doing this. I go the following route due to the fact that is super simple and highly effective.

I pull the pork butt and wrap in double foil and then when it has cooled down enough I just put it in the fridge.

The next day I reheat in the oven until it hits 160-165F Internal Temp (IT) and at that point it can be shredded.

Benefits of this approach?
This keeps all juice in the pork butt the entire time, makes it easy to transport before or after heating (can heat at home and transport it or transport and heat on site), and is a minimal amount of steps,setup, and hassle :)

Best of luck with it all! :smile:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky