Reheating Prime Rib Slices via Sous Vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hmm. Very interesting. I used my basic propane torch on my steak tonight since I wasn't happy with the grill marks.
Yup---That's what I used too, but it takes so long because the flame point is so pinpointed.

Bear

Great info, Bear!

Point!

Disco
Thank You Disco!!!

I find the Best way to make a Prime Rib is to Smoke it in a 220° Smoker.

However This is by far the best way to reheat Prime Rib Slices, and other meats. (Sous Vide)

The only way I know to heat meat up, without making it done more than it was the first time.  I Love It !!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

Last edited:
Hey Bear, great to see your SV Recipes and tests being done.
Man, you've about got this thing whooped!
My neighbor purchased the Anova SV cooker for me for Christmas this year.
Couple of questions for ya'
What has been your favorite dish to cook with the SV?
My neighbor is from England and after a few (Ok, several) drinks, we decided that a Beef Wellington would be the first try for this rig... WE will let you know how that goes.
Also, in regards to searing the meat, have you made any purchases that did a better job than just using the hand torch?
I know that the Searzall has been off of Amazon for awhile, and the company website does not answer emails, so that may be out for now.
Did you purchase the Bernzomatic 810 Stainless Steel Flame Spreader?
Thank you, and keep up the great posts!

Hey Bear, great to see your SV Recipes and tests being done.
Man, you've about got this thing whooped!
My neighbor purchased the Anova SV cooker for me for Christmas this year.
Couple of questions for ya'
What has been your favorite dish to cook with the SV?
My neighbor is from England and after a few (Ok, several) drinks, we decided that a Beef Wellington would be the first try for this rig... WE will let you know how that goes.
Also, in regards to searing the meat, have you made any purchases that did a better job than just using the hand torch?
I know that the Searzall has been off of Amazon for awhile, and the company website does not answer emails, so that may be out for now.
Did you purchase the Bernzomatic 810 Stainless Steel Flame Spreader?
Thank you, and keep up the great posts!

Thanks txdvr,
Below are my best two results so far:
Chuck Roast (Best Ever—SV) Best One So Far (10-18-17)
Eye Round in SV Best of All Eye Rounds (11-21-17)

No I haven't bought that Flame Spreader. (Still thinking about it though)
So far my best searing has been my Grill (Weather permitting), and my Frying Pan.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky