Ref; Operation BBQ Relief Email

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
**Since it says to share, and I'm not anywhere near the area, I figured the least I can do is share it here!**

You have received this email (as BCC recipient) because you registered as a volunteer with Operation BBQ Relief recently and may or may not be deployed with OBR in Florida.

For those of you that have not been deployed, we didn't know if your registration was just coincidental timing or if you had wanted to deploy to assist us in our Panama City Beach location and were not aware that there was a second step required so that we can deploy you.

We are in desperate need for volunteers in Panama City Beach locations to continue feeding those in need in the wake of Hurricane Michael. Our need has increased due to the fact that we have been requested to feed people inside the security checkpoints. You might have volunteered, currently helping, or were unaware of our continued needs. If you are able to come out to volunteer, PLEASE sign up for the Panama City Beach location.

Please also consider sharing this email with your family and friends in case they are also available as well as on social media.

If you are not available to assist on this deployment, then no reply is required. Action is only needed if you can deploy.

If you ARE available to help (even for just one day OR a few hours), please see below so that your official deployment can be scheduled. Our needs are greatest in the early morning and after 4:00pm. Any time you can spare is much appreciated!!

***PLEASE DO NOT SELF-DEPLOY FOR ANY REASON. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION AND DETAILED DEPLOYMENT INSTRUCTIONS IN AN EMAIL.***

If you use a smartphone with iOS or Android and don't already have it, please consider downloading and using our OBR Volunteer app. This is by far the best method of engagement with OBR.
Plus any deployment or event we post will send a push notification to your phone via the app (as long as you allow push notifications), so you'll always have the latest and greatest info
For Apple iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obr-volunteers/id1193200138?mt=8

For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.operationbbqrelief.obrvolunteerapp

This can be done through the app you downloaded (if you did) or via the website; follow these steps:

1. Log into the OBR Volunteer app on your phone (preferred method; see links above) or via the OBR website

2. Go to the active deployments

3. Click "I'm Available" in the app (you may need to scroll down to see the button)

4. Select all dates on which you can deploy

5. Click "Apply" (you may need to scroll down to see the button)

That is it! You are signed up for this deployment!!

Please also consider sharing this email with your family and friends in case they are also available as well as on social media.

Thank you for your consideration!!

Regards,
OBR Volunteer Mgmt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky