Ref; Looking for a Candied Jalapeno Recipe!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
I don't know if I can do 'In search of' requests..but I punched in this on the search function and it showed 7 results for them being used in food.

Does any one have a recipe for making them? I've gotten 'mild' jalapenos, which were just a bit brined, I want the sweet and savoury ones..which I've only seen once, because a distributor got a case by accident.

This can be a canned or uncanned recipe, makes no difference to me. I can do canning, just rarely do so, but if I could crank out a batch and can it maybe I should!

This reminded me of something my Grandfather made once or twice 30 years ago. He's long gone now but I think I know where I have his recipe. It was jalapenos that he candied like you would citrus peel. It was sweet and hot and dried a bit so it was a little chewy. Going to have to look for that now. Look forward to seeing how yours turn out.

Never had them, much less made them. Maybe one day.
I did a quick Google search for Candied Jalapeno recipe. Got more results than I care to count. Just gotta use some keywords.

This reminded me of something my Grandfather made once or twice 30 years ago. He's long gone now but I think I know where I have his recipe. It was jalapenos that he candied like you would citrus peel. It was sweet and hot and dried a bit so it was a little chewy. Going to have to look for that now. Look forward to seeing how yours turn out.
That sounds a bit like what I want. I like adding them to baked beans!

Not sure if you'd want to. These are basically soaked in simple syrup and then dried out. He would roll them in raw sugar and a little salt and that's how we would eat them. If that's what you're looking for I'll keep looking for the recipe.

Not sure if you'd want to. These are basically soaked in simple syrup and then dried out. He would roll them in raw sugar and a little salt and that's how we would eat them. If that's what you're looking for I'll keep looking for the recipe.
Oh. Huh, never heard of them that way. Though...I'd eat those by the handful. I'll have to google around for a good canned recipe. I still wouldn't mind that version though; I eat weird things as snacks alot. Lol.

I'm determined to find it now. If I don't have good old Mom should!
I hear the pain there..our family recipes are an assortment of folders with an assortment of various papers in them. Some are quite literally yellowed napkins with recipes on them. <Heck some are in Swedish too!>

Reactions: oddegan
I'm not sure if you ever found this, but search for candied jalapenos or cowboy candy. I love the stuff. I cold smoke them beforehand and they are incredible!

I'm not sure if you ever found this, but search for candied jalapenos or cowboy candy. I love the stuff. I cold smoke them beforehand and they are incredible!

I never did..in fact I ended up forgetting about the stuff!

Though I am planning to order a 5l fermenting crock soon. <I saw TSM has some from Poland now..and they look beautiful!> so maybe I'll have to make brined Jalapenos in that and can them up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky