R.I.P. Gordon Lightfoot...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of the greatest folk rock singer/songwriters. RIP Mr. Lightfoot

Reactions: Burlymanchef
As a Minnesota native who has vacationed many times on the shores of Lake Superior it hits home. “Sundown” is fun to listen to 😁
Way before my time and I looked it up before but the "Cleveland" reference... No joke, I would say 50% homes here have EF painting or print hanging. LOL

Way before my time and I looked it up before but the "Cleveland" reference... No joke, I would say 50% homes here have EF painting or print hanging. LOL
I have no memory, went down when I was about 2. Funny thing, “Cleveland” was artistic license, the Fitz was actually heading for Detroit. I guess he couldn’t figure out a way to make it fit the rythym. Cool about the paintings 👍

Reactions: zwiller
Another sad loss.
Listened to a lot of BTO also.
It is a bummer losing the genre that we grew up with, that is when there was quality music IMO.
RIP artists . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky