Hexclad Pan Review, Real World Real Time - Lots of Pictures!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
jcam....... YES! We also just added the 7 Qt deep sauté pan. It is a HUGE pan but sweet, we did chicken marsala the other day and I could oil sear 3 full (pounded out) chicken breasts at the same time. You can see a little bit of the sear in this pic.... I didn't do a post on this cook but it was yummy! The shrooms were seared in a smaller fry as well....just money!

View attachment 682566
I'm all about big saute pans! That looks delicious by the way. I'll point him at these pans for sure.

I'm all about big saute pans! That looks delicious by the way. I'll point him at these pans for sure.
Here is a pic of it….it reminds me of my food service days size sauté pans……
IMG_7064.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DemonPit
I snapped a pic of the first fry we got 14 months service in our kitchen…..
IMG_7058.jpeg

We do store them stacked on top of each other in a drawer….. you know that’s hard on pans….but these don’t show any wear at all!

civilsmoker civilsmoker how easy is cleanup with the raised ridges?
jcam, it is very easy to clean. We hand wash them with soapy water and a paper towel (we do this with most our "hand wash dishes". If something is particularly on there, ie I notice sometimes after a hot sear you can see the stainless ridges darkening a bit. Then we use a nylon scrubber pad, and it cleans them right up. Bar keepers would also do the trick for anything really on there, but we have never needed anything for then the nylon pad on a couple of the fry pans.

I wanted to share how these do with searing steaks….. I finally got some good example pics…..

This is a CPB NY (from the Throwdown), it is a lean steak that is on the thin side…… it was SP then seared and finished with butter and SP
IMG_7843.jpeg

IMG_7844.jpeg

Seared the edges first then the sides
IMG_7845.jpeg

Then butter finished
IMG_7847.jpeg

And finished….
IMG_7848.jpeg

And the result…..
IMG_7850.jpeg

Next up a pair of ribeyes in the larger fry….
IMG_7874.jpeg

These actually had some nice marbling….
IMG_7875.jpeg

Seared and butter and herb finish…..
IMG_7876.jpeg

After the finish….
IMG_7878.jpeg

The results……
IMG_7880.jpeg

I had the burners set near extra high so about 16k -17k BTU but the results speak on their own. These have replaced our CI pans for searing in the house kitchen….. The sear and caramelization that can be achieved is near perfect in my book. Hands down this is the best searing fry pan that I have ever worked with!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky