Problem with my Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

quagmire38

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
The Beautiful NEW YORK CITY
what's up everybody

I'm having a problem when I'm smoking some baby back ribs. The problem is with taste. My ribs are always smoked to perfection but they never seem to hold whatever seasoning I put on them. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My last two attempts I tried two styles of preparation. The first time I let it sit overnight with the dry rub on. The second time I put them on the smoker about a half hour after I seasoned it. Same result for both.... smoked well but no retention of the seasonings.

Where am I going wrong? Please help.

I follow 2 2 1 method with foiling after the first two hours. Using WSM 18". I prefer dry over wet ribs.

Thanks for all the help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky