PRIME Tri tip, reverse sear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks great Al. I seen a store here had them a few weeks ago. I need to see if they still have them. Not easy to get in the northeast

Reactions: SmokinAl
Here is what I started with.
View attachment 638224
We liked the marinade we put on the skirt steak we had last week, so I just made the same for the TT. I just eyeballed the ingredients, no measuring.
View attachment 638237
Into the vacuum canister for an overnight nap in the fridge.
View attachment 638223
View attachment 638225
Into the Rec Tec set at 215
View attachment 638228
I also put a little water in the drip pan.
View attachment 638227
When the TT hit 115 IT, we fired up the gasser. Cooked some potato’s on the side burner.
View attachment 638230
It’s nice & hot for the sear.
View attachment 638226
Judy took the leftover marinade & boiled it down for some Au Jus.
View attachment 638229
Love these sear grates, they came with the RT, but they seem more suited for the gasser.
View attachment 638231
View attachment 638232
Added some of the Au Jus.
View attachment 638233
Here is the sliced shot.
View attachment 638234
Tender & juicy for sure.
View attachment 638235
It’s dinner time!!
View attachment 638236
I have to say this was very good. I have 2 more in the freezer & think I will save them for something special. Once again WFF didn’t disappoint us. Thanks for looking folks!!
Al
Here is my reverse seared tri-tip

Attachments

• image_35400.jpg
    image_35400.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image_35399.jpg
    image_35399.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 7
Looks mighty tasty as usual.

Looks awesome Al.

Hey Al, I'm coming to your house...

Looks tasty to me! Done just how I’d want it and the sear is perfect.

Al that looks amazing sir!! Cooked to perfection and beautifully seared. Huge nod from me on that one. Be hard pressed to see one done any better, that's for sure :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks incredible Al!

Well thought out and executed Al. Now I'm hungry all over again. That is a perfect reverse seared TT. POINTS!!!!!

That sear job says it all.
Nice work!

Stu

Congrats on the ride Al !

Keith

That looks great Al. I seen a store here had them a few weeks ago. I need to see if they still have them. Not easy to get in the northeast
Thanks a lot guys!
The kind words mean a lot!!
Al

View attachment 638224
We liked the marinade we put on the skirt steak we had last week, so I just made the same for the TT. I just eyeballed the ingredients, no measuring.
View attachment 638237
View attachment 638223
View attachment 638225
View attachment 638228
View attachment 638227
When the TT hit 115 IT, we fired up the gasser. Cooked some potato’s on the side burner.
View attachment 638230
View attachment 638226
View attachment 638229
Love these sear grates, they came with the RT, but they seem more suited for the gasser.
View attachment 638231
View attachment 638232
View attachment 638233
Here is the sliced shot.
View attachment 638234
Tender & juicy for sure.
View attachment 638235
It’s dinner time!!
View attachment 638236
I have to say this was very good. I have 2 more in the freezer & think I will save them for something special. Once again WFF didn’t disappoint us. Thanks for looking folks!!
Al
Good morning Al,

You have more equipment than NASA!

Peace

Al, that is a work of art right there! I can only dream and slobber over my computer screen looking at it....

PS, it looks like you are enjoying the 1250. I know I am very happy with mine.

Great job, Al with a beautiful TT. Curious, what was your internal temp when finished cooking?

Guess I'm going to have to get serious and give WFF a try. I did do an online order from WFF a little over a year ago, which I was pleased with, but never followed up. We've been lucky for many years with a couple excellent butchers very close to home. One retired 4 years ago, but the other is still going strong. My wife particularly favors the remaining butcher, which is excellent, with prices to match, but I think her attraction is the elderly Italian owner who has been flirting with her for years.

In the past year and a half, WFF has opened 6 stores in my general area, with the nearest being about a 30 minute ride. Think I'll give that store a visit next week.

Good morning Al,

You have more equipment than NASA!

Peace
A boy needs his toys!
Al
I love some TT. Your looks great.
Jim

Perfection! Looks great

Al, the tri tip looks great and those potatoes are a nice compliment to the meal.

Rob
Thanks fellas!
Al
Al, that is a work of art right there! I can only dream and slobber over my computer screen looking at it....

PS, it looks like you are enjoying the 1250. I know I am very happy with mine.
Thank you & yes I’m really liking the RT. Still learning, but so far I’m very happy with it.
Al
Great job, Al with a beautiful TT. Curious, what was your internal temp when finished cooking?

Guess I'm going to have to get serious and give WFF a try. I did do an online order from WFF a little over a year ago, which I was pleased with, but never followed up. We've been lucky for many years with a couple excellent butchers very close to home. One retired 4 years ago, but the other is still going strong. My wife particularly favors the remaining butcher, which is excellent, with prices to match, but I think her attraction is the elderly Italian owner who has been flirting with her for years.

In the past year and a half, WFF has opened 6 stores in my general area, with the nearest being about a 30 minute ride. Think I'll give that store a visit next week.
Thanks!
I never checked the IT when done, only while in the smoker. The closest WFF is about 2 hours away. But with free overnight shipping it doesn’t matter. Although I would like to just go thru their store.
Al
Awesome looking TT. I wish we could find them around here.

Great looking TT Al. That has become a favorite around the house. Making me hungry just looking it.

Glad you are liking your Recteq.
Thanks Guys!
Al

Great looking tri-tip Al. Here in Texas we are fortunate, or at least were until inflation and etc. struck, but we’ve been able to get tri- tip at reasonable prices. I started doing them on occasion a few years ago and I even have a Santa Maria set up for my weber kettle. It’s fun to do that on occasion using oak.

I have never marinated my tri-tips, but now that I see your excellent results, I may have to give it a shot. And I love the idea of cooking down the marinade for a sauce. Absolutely superb.

I do not have a RT however I have a heavily modified old Traeger. I must say the pellet pooper is very convenient.

Fantastic Al! That couldn't be done better!

Great looking tri-tip Al. Here in Texas we are fortunate, or at least were until inflation and etc. struck, but we’ve been able to get tri- tip at reasonable prices. I started doing them on occasion a few years ago and I even have a Santa Maria set up for my weber kettle. It’s fun to do that on occasion using oak.

I have never marinated my tri-tips, but now that I see your excellent results, I may have to give it a shot. And I love the idea of cooking down the marinade for a sauce. Absolutely superb.

I do not have a RT however I have a heavily modified old Traeger. I must say the pellet pooper is very convenient.
We don’t eat a lot of meat, but when we do I like to go for the pricier cuts, and TT is a fav here too. I have them same SM setup for my kettle as well!
Al
You nailed it Al, and congratulations, well deserved on the carousel !
Thanks, It’s always fun to get a ride!!
Al

View attachment 638224
View attachment 638237
View attachment 638223
View attachment 638225
View attachment 638228
View attachment 638227
View attachment 638230
View attachment 638226
View attachment 638229
View attachment 638231
View attachment 638232
View attachment 638233
Here is the sliced shot.
View attachment 638234
Tender & juicy for sure.
View attachment 638235
It’s dinner time!!
View attachment 638236
Al
Looks awesome Al - I’m ready for kids to get back in school so I can smoke or for that matter just grill something! Every time I plan a smoke boom kids happen!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky