Prime rib - smoke roasted on the spit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edmonds

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2020
Huntsville, AL
6 lb rib roast from Publix ($7/lb), dry brined 2 days, then rubbed and impaled on a spit.
Spun over red oak, starting at about 375F and down to 300 towards end.
Cooked to IT of 130F (total of 1.75 hours), rested 20-30 min, then seared.
Made gravy but didn't use.
Potatoes roasted in embers (no foil) and side of salad.
Mighty fine.

P1050593.jpeg

IMG_3279.jpeg

P1050600.jpeg

P1050621.jpeg

P1050633.jpeg

P1050639.jpeg

P1050644.jpeg

P1050642.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
My first thought looking at this was, "This Guy knows what he's doing." Excellent color and cooked perfectly. I've been spinning RR and other stuff. Loving it. Great job.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
That looks phenomenal! Really cool cooking setup also!

Looks awesome all around. That Santa Maria is killer especially with the backdrop you have.

That roast is freaking gorgeous, and those slices!
Those slices look so perfectly pink, they just about scream, "EAT ME!"

And that Santa Maria grill is a fine looking machine too, hell, it even makes the crusty ol'geezer standing next to it look handsome. J/K :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
That looks perfect, edmonds edmonds ! As you know, I am hooked on open fire rotisserie cooked beef. Best way to cook a roast beef in my humble opinion. Beautiful!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky