The Prime Rib Dinner in Pictures!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can see why you're at a loss for words. Looks like you nailed it.
Thanks Newglide! This is my new PR cooking technique..... Simple.... smoke @ 235 till INT 135 then rest @ 140 for 30 to 60 min.
$5.49 a pound did you bring a gun? Jk beautiful work by you and the misses
CC....LOL nope just the normal Christmas time sale. You did have to buy $50 in groceries otherwise it was 7.49. We also got 5.5lbs of Wagyu NY roast (that is where the bone came from.... that was more than $50 bills..... I hope it tastes as good as this PR!
Outstanding!
Thanks SJ!
Nice work , looks fantastic .
Many thanks Chop!!
great looking meal! thanks for sharing!
Thanks tbern! I'm just glad we have a nice forum to do so!

Wowza! Just look at that spinalis.
Great job but where is the horsey sauce?
Many thanks CP! Oh like I said not a horsey fan (one of the few things I don't like along with egg plant). Just bone Au Jus......
I'm planning to smoke a rib roast for Christmas, or at least direct traffic, and can only hope that it turns out as good as yours. Excellent looking, civil!

Just can't beat that price for that...
LOL, well I keep it simple.... 235 till INT is 135 then rest in the oven at 140.... a roast of this size takes about 3.5-4 hours, 4-5 total with the rest..... Works everytime!
Looks absolutely fantastic. Nice job!
Many thanks CTXSL!
Amazing meal.
Jim
Thanks Jim!
Nice meal, cooked to perfection. yep the $4.79-$5.79 sales are great this time of year.
Thanks cf! Usually, these sales have no marbling but the wife said they had a 6 foot rack of them.... the wife look for the spider of flavor....
Man that just looks unreal!! Could almost taste the pic of that perfectly done prime rib!
Much appreciation jcam! I think after cooking these things for more than 38 years I've finally got it figured out.....
It's ok...your speech will come back after you're finished eating! You nailed it!

Ryan
LOL thanks Ryan, but still in a daze this AM debating do I eat it cold with cheese and crackers or do I have it with two sunny side eggs........

Absolutely beautiful meal. The PR is off the chart...
Many thanks crash! Simple but elegant.... The hardest or longest part is the Au Jus, those bones were simmering for 10 hours after the roasting and before the aromatics were added.

Holy Cow! That is epic! Fewer the words the better on that one, I agree! Just scrolling through the pictures I was drooling!!!! Epic cook and perfect meal, Michelin Star in my opinion! Awesome!

Looks good!
Many thanks Justin!
Holy Cow! That is epic! Fewer the words the better on that one, I agree! Just scrolling through the pictures I was drooling!!!! Epic cook and perfect meal, Michelin Star in my opinion! Awesome!
Much appreciation Jed! As a rule, we don't buy PR unless it is properly marbled, we pass many sales cause well its the cuts are on the select fence..... This one screamed on the border into prime.....
Dang show off. But why not anybody cook a PR like has a right to boost.
Excellent job

Warren
LOL just simple pics Warren, but I've been cooking PR for a very long time and finally discovered you just simply roast them till done...... No magic, put in in the smoker with a probe and take off when ready...... But choosing the cut, well that takes practice and a keen eye.....
civilsmoker civilsmoker nice work, those pictures have my mouth watering!
Thanks SUPnorth! It sure made my day for sure!

Reactions: bauchjw
Best damn prime rib dinner photos I've ever seen (I can say damn on here, right?). If this is your generic Sunday night dinner, I gotta see Christmas.

Best damn prime rib dinner photos I've ever seen (I can say damn on here, right?). If this is your generic Sunday night dinner, I gotta see Christmas.
Thanks Marknmd! It is our standard PR dinner…… we usually do a couple around Christmas but this Christmas Eve we are going to mix it up with a SRF Wagyu Black NY roast…… it is vac packed in a dry brine at the moment. The bone for the PR Au Jus were trimmed from the NY……

This should be tasty……..
F57D73FA-65BC-49EE-9EE1-83408C8E4DE9.jpeg

Thanks mneeley! I know the PR was off the hook good but I'm starting to crave the Wagyu NY in the last pic..... its smoking day is very near!
I'm assuming you get these from Snake River Farms? They have some of the best meat I've ever had. Also one of the worst. I bought a chuckie once, cooked it the same way I do them all, but it had the worst flavor I've ever experienced, barring something gone rancid. Don't know what the problem was, but I blame the cow.

I'm assuming you get these from Snake River Farms? They have some of the best meat I've ever had. Also one of the worst. I bought a chuckie once, cooked it the same way I do them all, but it had the worst flavor I've ever experienced, barring something gone rancid. Don't know what the problem was, but I blame the cow.

Yup the prime rib was Double R Ranch Choice (it was really very close to prime). The Wagyu is Snake River Farms. Both are branches Agri beef which was founded about a 10 min drive from the house. Agri beef won the beef producer of the century a while back, so they know beef..... However, there can always be a bad one.

Absolutely stunning!! 'Nuff said being that I have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said.....except maybe WOW!!

Robert

Wow that looks excellent Civil. Perfectly done meal.

Point for sure
Chris

Absolutely stunning!! 'Nuff said being that I have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said.....except maybe WOW!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! Simple clean and savory…..not much else is needed in my book!!
Wow that looks excellent Civil. Perfectly done meal.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, the meal is near to the sole of who I am!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky