Prime Pastrami w/Lots of Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Please enlighten me on Beef Navel......hopefully that is somewhat of a misnomer....i.e. Boston Butt??

Nope navel is navel. It is next to the brisket, sometimes, erroneously called plate. It’s very difficult to find out of the NE. It is an extremely fattly, tough, rich cut. Therefore perfect for pastrami. It long, flat, and generally rectangular shaped. But with enough time and love it will transport you to pastrami heaven.

Nope navel is navel. It is next to the brisket, sometimes, erroneously called plate. It’s very difficult to find out of the NE. It is an extremely fattly, tough, rich cut. Therefore perfect for pastrami. It long, flat, and generally rectangular shaped. But with enough time and love it will transport you to pastrami heaven.

Thanks for the info.....Pastrami Heaven......Sounds like my kind of place.

Thanks for the info.....Pastrami Heaven......Sounds like my kind of place.

It’s a place we all love!
And not to get to overboard, but if you want that real kosher deli flavor, you have to use kosher meat. Leaving aside the spiritual, as part of the kashering process includes a dry salt “rub”, there is an addedleve of flavor and tenderness enhancement. Enjoy.

Holy smokes that looks amazing hopefully in a few weeks it will go on sale around me and I like to stock up for awhile. we also make hash with it and it is great

Jesus that looks great.

None for this guy though....I have determined that I am allergic to cure #1. Totally screws up my finger joints. Weirdest thing and a little alarming.

This thread pushed me over the edge, and is why I have a pile of meat in my fridge for the next 10 days or so. Absolutely beautiful pastrami, gives me something to shoot for!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky