Pork Shoulder Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iljeff

Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
So I'm doing my first pork shoulder for a party this weekend.  The shoulder is 8 lbs, bone-in.  I am planning on doing the shoulder on Friday and then warming it on Saturday.  I'm trying to decide if should I take it out at 203-205 on Friday, pull it and then warm the meat Saturday or take it off the smoke at 190-195 and then get it up to temp on the gas grill on Saturday.  Any advice would be appreciated.

If you want to do it on Friday and serve on Saturday, then I suggest that you take it all the way and pull it. You can bag it up in ziplocks or vac-seal with some reserved juices and refrigerate or freeze it. If you have a good vacuum pack, you can simply reheat in hot water and it will be good as new. You can do the same with the ziplock, but it had better be sealed or your going to have a mess. 

Pulled pork and pulled beef reheat very well if sealed up properly with a little of their juices added back in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky