Pork Ribeye...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I've heard of pork ribeye, but always considered a ribeye to be beef. Well this week KJ's, a local grocer, had boneless whole pork loins for 99¢/lb. Just can't pass up a deal like that so off to the store to grab one. Got it home and cut some 1"+ thick chops from the best end (rib end) and the rest was vacuum sealed and frozen for later. I was pleasantly surprised and these were not going in the freezer...
20220312_152839[1].jpg

Some Pork Perfect by Fire & Smoke and these were ready for the grill. This stuff has just the right amount of heat and sweet for me, pretty good stuff...
20220312_153217[1].jpg

20220312_153142[1].jpg

On the grill indirect with lump and a split or 2 of hickory...
20220312_175416[1].jpg

Back in the kitchen, some air fried chick peas compliments of kilo charlie kilo charlie https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spicy-air-fried-chick-peas-snack.313712/. His exact recipe except I added 1/2T of brown sugar to offset the heat. It could've used a little more, but I really try to avoid sugar as much as possible. I had told my wife about these and she said we needed a test run...lol...
20220312_144930[1].jpg

20220312_150008[1].jpg

Into the air fryer at 400℉ until crispy. Could've gone a few minutes longer, but...
20220312_154211[1].jpg

These were gone as soon as they were done so no more pics.

Meanwhile, some Hasselback red potatoes were prepped. Cut using 2 bamboo spoons as stops to prevent cutting all the way through...
20220312_154904[1].jpg

Brushed with melted, unsalted butter and seasoned with some Blackstone Parm Ranch seasoning...
20220312_155756[1].jpg

20220312_160016[1].jpg

Into a 400℉ oven to bake. I periodically basted the potatoes with the butter from the bottom of the pan.

Now the chops are done and everything is coming together...
20220312_180455[1].jpg

20220312_181108[1].jpg

Served with roasted fresh carrots and radishes. Kind of an ugly plated shot, but here it is...
20220312_181935[1].jpg

My wife has been sick for about a week and unfortunately didn't get to enjoy this, but insisted that I carry on regardless.

Last edited:
Charles my friend, that plate is everything BUT ugly. It looks fantastic to me. What really sets it off is the amazing color on those chops. They are a thing of beauty. Can't go wrong with anything on that plate though. It's all great.

Robert

Nice work Charles . I haven't had those chops in a long time . Just don't see them here anymore . Great cut of pork .
Nice lookin plate of food bud . I have the same " I made this to eat it " photo style .
Oh , I got a can of chick peas out about 5 minutes ago . Not sure I'll get to it today , but now I need chicken parts and Pork ribeyes .

Charles my friend, that plate is everything BUT ugly. It looks fantastic to me. What really sets it off is the amazing color on those chops. They are a thing of beauty. Can't go wrong with anything on that plate though. It's all great.

Robert
Robert, thank you so much for your kind words. With helping with my friend's recovery and my wife getting sick, it's been a tough week for sure, but I'm up to the task...

Nice work Charles . I haven't had those chops in a long time . Just don't see them here anymore . Great cut of pork .
Nice lookin plate of food bud . I have the same " I made this to eat it " photo style .
Oh , I got a can of chick peas out about 5 minutes ago . Not sure I'll get to it today , but now I need chicken parts and Pork ribeyes .
Thank you, sir. KC's recipe works great...

That is one fine-looking meal Charles! Sorry to hear that your wife is sick but that only means another opportunity to duplicate that fine-looking cook!

Keith

That is a perfect meal Charles! Awesome work with beautiful results, those chops were perfect! Sorry to hear about your wife, hang in there, you'll be in the families prayers.

That is one fine-looking meal Charles! Sorry to hear that your wife is sick but that only means another opportunity to duplicate that fine-looking cook!

Keith
Thank you Keith. Fortunately my wife tested negative twice this week for COVID and Flu, we were thinking... Anyway, she finally got up and about the house some yesterday and has shown improvement today. We're thinking food poisoning now, but not sure where from. She went out to eat with some friends from work last weekend so maybe, but none of her friends have gotten sick...

Dang that looks so good! Those pork chops are so amazing!

Glad you liked the Chick Peas as well! Great idea on adding the brown sugar for balance.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
That looks slamming ty for sharing. Pork chops have been our go to here as beef prices were sky rocketing. Sadly they passed some lame peta pork law here and the prices are gonna go insane as soon as they run out of the frozen supply they have already.

• Sad
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
That all looks outstanding nice job. Hope the wife bounces back quickly

Hope the wifer feels better soon!
Charles that meal is fire! Nice work bud. Hope your wife gets on the mend soon
That all looks outstanding nice job. Hope the wife bounces back quickly
Thank you so much guys. My wife is Nana, the absolute heart and soul of our family, the cornerstone, the rock, the one everyone turns to and looks to for everything. It hurts us all so bad and scares me to death when she is not well, but she's doing so much better now. Love her so much...

That is a perfect meal Charles! Awesome work with beautiful results, those chops were perfect! Sorry to hear about your wife, hang in there, you'll be in the families prayers.
Thank you Jed for all of your kind words and prayers...

That is one slammin' cook Charles, I love pork chops just about any way they get on the plate, yours are spectacular! Glad to hear the wife is up and around, you kids stay safe. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky