Pics of the Deck Boss 590!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For anyone who has one of these, would you leave it plugged in all the time and off or just plug it in when using it?

Not sure of any advantage/disadvantage other than maybe having to set the wifi back up every time?
Mine is a Yoder but they say to unplug to reset the firmware or something. I don’t all the time but when the cooker starts running a little goofy that’s the problem. Unplug next time for 30 seconds or so then plug and fire. The Rec might be different though.

Ok thanks guys. It is plugged into a gfci circuit so im not that worried about anything odd happening, and i have an outdoor ext cord. Just was thinking it would be nice to place the cord in such a way that it’s somewhat hidden and out of the way, but still allows me to fire it up at will.

I mean if anything bad was to happen it is outside, as you can see in the photos.

For anyone who has one of these, would you leave it plugged in all the time and off or just plug it in when using it?

Not sure of any advantage/disadvantage other than maybe having to set the wifi back up every time?
Look in the manual.
Some manufacturers say unplug, some don't.
Once WIFI is configured, it "should" just connect when plugged back in.

If you have thunder storms, unplugging may be a good idea.

Reactions: tpc74
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky