Picked up my new toy Brinkmann Split door

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dk666

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
I picked up my new toy today a Brinkmann Split Door Smoker from Home Depot and have it seasoning as I type this, I know people have bought a charmglow wok to use for the charcoals to improve airflow I could not find one at my Home Depot but I did find a Round Grillpro Wok type pan for $5 at menards and I fits perfect in the sliding tray and I have put the Brinkmann pan on the bottom to catch the ashes. If the thermometer in the door is right It's about 300 right now for the last hr or so just a mix of Lump and Charcoal in the pan (using up some old bags to burn them up) .
Hope to do a chicken on it Sun for the real test !!
4295696551_850887f7f6.jpg

+1. The stock thermometer is worthless. I had the feeling that mine was reading ok at the begining of a smoke, but about the time I had to add ther first refill of charcoal, it started getting more and more inaccurtate.

Dude!! I love mines. Only two things tho. Change the thermo or add one and make your own firebox. By doing that you can get 6 hour on load using hardwood and lump..

I'll posted a picture on the one a made for my Brinkmann Split Door. And oh yeah i dont use the waterpan, i have a terra plate as my heatsink. Thewaterpan is my ashpan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky