New Toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
So... I don't remember what I bought myself for Christmas... oh wait, yes I do but I'll post that another day. Anyway, finally broke down and bought a new metal detector. I cannot wait to take this thing out in the woods. I know it's a smoking forum... but hey. This is my winter hobby when it's too cold to fish. Anyone else into it?

This hit the porch yesterday. Hooray!

20240113_092714.jpg

Charging up.

20240113_095929.jpg

My wife has one. I'm not sure of the brand, but she loves going thru the backyard and woods with it. Some day she may even find something valuable.

Chris

Nice.

I used to belong to the Lancaster county detectors. (Lancaster PA) We were one of just a couple clubs that got to detect at Gettysburg under park supervision, anything we found they flagged so they could dig what was there. At one point I hade 12 detectors. I only have a Tesoro and Hazlewolke now. My best find was a platinum diamond ring at Cape may beach, sold it for 3k

Nice.

I used to belong to the Lancaster county detectors. (Lancaster PA) We were one of just a couple clubs that got to detect at Gettysburg under park supervision, anything we found they flagged so they could dig what was there. At one point I hade 12 detectors. I only have a Tesoro and Hazlewolke now. My best find was a platinum diamond ring at Cape may beach, sold it for 3k
I was going to add a Tesoro to the collection but waited too long.

That would be a great help on the farm... and money saver! For all the nails picked up off the ground. Think the last tire from pick up was $17 or so to patch... well over $300 to have them come out to patch a rear tractor tire.

Ryan

I have 2 gold wedding rings that I lost somewhere around this farm, so if you're ever in the area .................

Happy you got your new tool.
Tried it many years ago, but didn't catch my interest.

That would be a great help on the farm... and money saver! For all the nails picked up off the ground. Think the last tire from pick up was $17 or so to patch... well over $300 to have them come out to patch a rear tractor tire.

Ryan
Do you run those 6' wide floater tires on anything? I watched the guy at a tire shop get bead set on one. 3 cans of ether and get your fingers out of the way when ignited.
We're having troubles with tires on the chisel plow not lasting more than a couple years. Stubble eats them up.

Reactions: mr_whipple
Happy you got your new tool.
Tried it many years ago, but didn't catch my interest.

Do you run those 6' wide floater tires on anything? I watched the guy at a tire shop get bead set on one. 3 cans of ether and get your fingers out of the way when ignited.
We're having troubles with tires on the chisel plow not lasting more than a couple years. Stubble eats them up.
No we don't run any of them... ever tried any of the stubble master attachments? Not sure of their exact name but designed to knock stubble down and prolong tire life.

Ryan

Nice when I see one , I always want one.
Wife had 1 for years , and she all by herself cleaned up some beaches of beer caps, can tabs and old nails
So we are not rich, but had more garbage on trash day , lol

David
Few people get rich doing it, but there some neat things to be found other than pull tabs and old shotgun shells.

I detect. Found many cool relics and coins on my 1800s property.

Garret AT-Pro, Minelab Equinox 600
and Notka Simplex.

The Garret is my favorite.

I'm a relic hunter.

You should do well in Va.
Cool. I started with a T2, bought a Dues then an AT Max, and now the Deus II. Went out Saturday but didn't take the new machine. Relics are what we target, specifically civil war, but I'm sure I've found some revolutionary era stuff as well. Got some nice US buckles and box plates along with some neat buttons.

Nice.

Detecting Gettysburg but not digging? That would be a super tease.

Ryan
Nails suck, but I keep my machines set so I don't even hear them.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks nice, my dad has a couple bad ass ones, but he really doesn't get out anymore. He has found a ton of stuff, some he sold, some he kept, but in the end it has funded most of all of his metal detector purchases.

Got one for my son years ago. He never did take much interest in it, but it sure came in handy when my wife lost her wedding ring while gardening.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky