Petite tenders. Wow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks!
Last night's dinner was certified piedmontese beef petite tenders.

IMG_20231104_114951947.jpg

These are 10 oz each.
Cut up half of a large white onion. And drained 4 small cans of mushrooms. Sautéed with olive oil and butter.
Added Dash garlic and herb blend. And a dash of pepper.
Also cut up small taters and roasted with olive oil and butter. With more of the dash blend.
I marinated the tenders with Montreal seasoning for 4 hours.
Then seared on CI. And finished to 135 degrees under the broiler.

IMG_20231104_181413988.jpg

I'm getting spoiled with CPB beef. The quality is amazing. If I had anything to say negative wise. It would be the small learning curve when cooking their beef. It is pretty lean. So, it tends to cook a bit quicker. Which could leave to overshooting your target temp if you're not paying attention.
Sorry. No cut shot. But it was perfectly pink throughout.

Looks really good minus the schrooms Steve.

Point for sure
Chris

Fantastic cut of beef . I got some out to thaw for tonight or tomorrow .

nicely done Steve! I have some thawed ribs yesterday that were on last nights menu but live happens so hopefully today!

I would gladly have a plate of that or 2 plates for that mater!

Last edited:
nicely done Steve! I have some thawed ribs yes that were on last nights menu but live happens so hopefully today!

I would gladly have a plate of that or 2 plates for that mater!
Thank you! Life does get in the way from time to time alright!

Reactions: civilsmoker
I'm with Chris on the shrooms but other than that is looks great

Morning folks!
Last night's dinner was certified piedmontese beef petite tenders.

View attachment 680282

These are 10 oz each.
Cut up half of a large white onion. And drained 4 small cans of mushrooms. Sautéed with olive oil and butter.
Added Dash garlic and herb blend. And a dash of pepper.
Also cut up small taters and roasted with olive oil and butter. With more of the dash blend.
I marinated the tenders with Montreal seasoning for 4 hours.
Then seared on CI. And finished to 135 degrees under the broiler.

View attachment 680284
I'm getting spoiled with CPB beef. The quality is amazing. If I had anything to say negative wise. It would be the small learning curve when cooking their beef. It is pretty lean. So, it tends to cook a bit quicker. Which could leave to overshooting your target temp if you're not paying attention.
Sorry. No cut shot. But it was perfectly pink throughout.
Not to be dense, but what actual cut is this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky