Peanut Butter Brisket????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cattlefeeder

Original poster
Mar 4, 2017
I have heard about peanut butter burgers for quite a spell, but I never had the nerve to try one. I recently made some burgers and figured I would give it a try. I thought it would be mediocre at best, but man was I wrong! I was quite surprised at how well it complemented the burger. I am entertaining some people in the near future and I plan on smoking a 10# brisket and I am thinking about spreading peanut butter on the outside and seasoning it (not sure what I am wanting to season it with yet). Does anybody have experience doing something like this? I think it could be really good and help make a nice bark. Any comments are appreciated! I am planning on doing a chuck roast in the same manner that I plan on seasoning the brisket as a test run.

In my experience, pb sauces, rubs, and other based ideas have been way better tasting in my head than in practice.

I've tried a bunch of different ideas with it and it never quite adds what you want it to. I've actually got a PB chocolate Chipotle BBQ sauce I'm farting around with as we speak.

I think it works with the burger for just as much or more for textoral reasons as flavor reasons. Ymmv

I had an aunt years ago that had a meat dish that involved “peanut butter”. The meat was pork chops that were cooked in the oven and it was her go to dish when she had company coming. It was kind of the family joke that if you were going to eat at Aunt Helen’s you were going to have to eat her “peanut butter pork chops”. I don’t remember anyone really liking them, myself included. No one has carried on that tradition once she passed on. Now her caramel cake is another story.

Weedeater

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I have heard of PB on Burgers, have not had the nerve to try it. Maybe try a Peanut Butter side dish rather than mess with trying flavor the meat. I make Chinese Sesame Cold Noodles it is made with a lot of Peanut Butter. I worked with a guy from West Africa. He and his wife invited us over for an iconic Ground Nut, aka Peanut Butter Stew with dumplings called Fufu, made with Potato starch. This version of Ground Nut Stew was made with Beef and a variety of vegetables including Sweet Potato, Collard Greens, Onions, Tomatoes, Garlic, Herbs, Spices and Peanut Butter for flavor and thickening. It was Fabulous. There is also a Vegetarian version that would make a great side dish to Smoked Beef. There are many versions of Ground Nut Stew with varying meats and vegetables with assorted flavorings from mild to very spicy.

Id love to try that stew. I make the same noodles as you do Jimmy. I LOVE them things. I don't think I've ever actually tried them cold. I use the low heat of the pan to soften and mix the chunky PB and the sesame oil.

Prob better cold. Mine is just something I threw together, I'm sure yours comes from a good cook!

I would think peanut butter would do the opposite and inhibit a good bark on the meat. Bark forms from the Maillard reaction on the meat surface. If you cover it with peanut butter, you insulate the surface and inhibit this reaction that causes browning...

I make a hot dog with peanut butter that is quite good. Take a pita...smear on some peanut butter sprinkle on some chopped bacon and chopped raw onion...add the hot dog and a squirt of bbq sauce.

I make a hot dog with peanut butter that is quite good. Take a pita...smear on some peanut butter sprinkle on some chopped bacon and chopped raw onion...add the hot dog and a squirt of bbq sauce.

Peanut Butter and Bacon goes good with Banana too, thank Elvis! I also love Raw Onion on Hot Dogs. Makes sense, to me, that slapping them together would go together...JJ

fivetricks fivetricks and anyone else interested...
These Sesame Noodles are great Hot or Cold. My Wife likes strips of Grilled Chicken Breast mixed in. Strips of rare Grilled Beef are great. Tastes like Thai Beef Satay. This is why I suggested it for Cattlefeeder to try with the Brisket. The Recipe makes enough for eating hot the day off and cold leftovers.
BTW...Make a half batch for Dipping or Brushing on Grilled Meat Skewers or Chix Wings! Tasty Appetizers...JJ

Peanut Butter Sesame Noodles

1T Veg Oil
2T Fresh Grated Ginger
1T Minced Garlic
1/2C Rice Vinegar
1/2C Soy Sauce
1/2C Shaoxing Wine or Dry Sherry
6T Brown Sugar
1T Sriracha
1 C Hot Water
1tsp MSG, really makes a difference!
2C Peanut Butter of choice.
1/2C Chinese Sesame Oil
2Lbs Thin Linguini, Spaghetti or 3Lbs Fresh Chinese Egg Noodle.
1C Chopped Scallions for Garnish.

Put a large pot of Salted Water on for Linguini.
Whisk together, the Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Wine, Brn Sugar, Sriracha, MSG and Hot Water. Set aside.
In a Wok or Sauce Pan heated over Medium heat, add Veg Oil and heat.
Add the Ginger and Garlic.
Saute until Fragrant, about 30 seconds, and add the reserved sauces mixture.
Bring to a simmer.
Drop the Linguini in Boiling Water and stir well.
Whisk the Peanut Butter into the simmering Sauces. This will thicken quite a bit. Continue simmering over Lowest heat setting while Pasta finishes cooking.
Cook the Linguini until " Tender ".
Al Dente Pasta won't be good cold!
Reserve a Cup of Pasta cooking Water and drain Pasta. Place back in the pot.
Pour the hot Peanut Butter Sauce and 1/2C Sesame Oil over the Pasta and mix well until uniformly coated.
If getting too thick or sauce disappearing, add the reserved Pasta Water to get a thick but creamy sauced pasta.
Serve garnished with Scallions and more Sriracha if you like spicy.

Sounds delicious chef. I will use that suace in my next stir fry.
fivetricks fivetricks and anyone else interested...
These Sesame Noodles are great Hot or Cold. My Wife likes strips of Grilled Chicken Breast mixed in. Strips of rare Grilled Beef are great. Tastes like Thai Beef Satay. This is why I suggested it for Cattlefeeder to try with the Brisket. The Recipe makes enough for eating hot the day off and cold leftovers.
BTW...Make a half batch for Dipping or Brushing on Grilled Meat Skewers or Chix Wings! Tasty Appetizers...JJ

Peanut Butter Sesame Noodles

1T Veg Oil
2T Fresh Grated Ginger
1T Minced Garlic
1/2C Rice Vinegar
1/2C Soy Sauce
1/2C Shaoxing Wine or Dry Sherry
6T Brown Sugar
1T Sriracha
1 C Hot Water
1tsp MSG, really makes a difference!
2C Peanut Butter of choice.
1/2C Chinese Sesame Oil
2Lbs Thin Linguini, Spaghetti or 3Lbs Fresh Chinese Egg Noodle.
1C Chopped Scallions for Garnish.

Put a large pot of Salted Water on for Linguini.
Whisk together, the Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Wine, Brn Sugar, Sriracha, MSG and Hot Water. Set aside.
In a Wok or Sauce Pan heated over Medium heat, add Veg Oil and heat.
Add the Ginger and Garlic.
Saute until Fragrant, about 30 seconds, and add the reserved sauces mixture.
Bring to a simmer.
Drop the Linguini in Boiling Water and stir well.
Whisk the Peanut Butter into the simmering Sauces. This will thicken quite a bit. Continue simmering over Lowest heat setting while Pasta finishes cooking.
Cook the Linguini until " Tender ".
Al Dente Pasta won't be good cold!
Reserve a Cup of Pasta cooking Water and drain Pasta. Place back in the pot.
Pour the hot Peanut Butter Sauce and 1/2C Sesame Oil over the Pasta and mix well until uniformly coated.
If getting too thick or sauce disappearing, add the reserved Pasta Water to get a thick but creamy sauced pasta.
Serve garnished with Scallions and more Sriracha if you like spicy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky