PBC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Joey G

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Hi guys. What has been some of your experiences in cooking on this? I have to say I was really disappointed with my first rib cook. They say 2-3 hours for babyback ribs. I had them in the barrel for over 4 hrs and the meat was barely pulling away from the bone. Now, I always wrap them when I cook them on my Yoder YS640. I was under the impression there is no need to wrap them on the PBC. After 4 hrs they were still pink in the thick end of the racks. It was getting late, I had to serve them but I considered it an epic fail. Any thoughts out there?

I just did a very thick-rack of baby back ribs last weekend. I wrapped them at 170F IT at 3 hours and they were at 202F in just under 5 total hours. These were some really thick and meaty baby back ribs though. The stall started at 167F for these ribs at 2 hrs 45 minutes or so.

Normally I smoke normal-thickness baby-back ribs for 5 or 6 hours to get them to an IT of 202-205F to get the, fall-off-the-bone or very nearly so, ribs.

I just did a very thick-rack of baby back ribs last weekend. I wrapped them at 170F IT at 3 hours and they were at 202F in just under 5 total hours. These were some really thick and meaty baby back ribs though. The stall started at 167F for these ribs at 2 hrs 45 minutes or so.

Normally I smoke normal-thickness baby-back ribs for 5 or 6 hours to get them to an IT of 202-205F to get the, fall-off-the-bone or very nearly so, ribs.
thanks, no question I'll always wrap from now on. I was kind of hoping to avoid that and it looked like it can be done on this cooker but I think it would have taken at least 2 more hours and the bottoms were already getting black.....another reason to wrap...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky