pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brokenwing

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Maryland
I asked the local grocery store to get me in some corned briskets.  I have never ever tried pastrami, but I'm going to give it a shot.  Its already been brined, I just have to soak it in water to get the salt out,  I'm planning on smoking at 225 degrees until it hits 170 degrees.  Then let it cool, place it in the fridge overnight, and slice it the following day.  Steaming it to warm it up.  Now after all this research anyone got a good rub recipe for pastrami.  I have no idea.

Me, I like to hit it with some yellow mustard and the njust hit it with course ground black pepper and call it good!

a good coating of cbp and coriander or use the packet that comes with the brisket
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I go with the same things in the corn beef seasoning packet plus a couple other things I personally prefer.  The contents of that little pack is mustard seed, corriander seed, bay leaves and a couple whole all spice berries.... I add a little garlic powder, smoked paprika and a ton of crushed black pepper.  I put all that into a coffee grinder and grind until coarse.  Homemade pastrami is my favorite!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky