Papaya?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phreak

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 9, 2008
St Pete FL
I searched and only found one thread with anything about smoking with papaya wood. Papaya grow's super fast where I live, but I believe it is quite soft. I have 3 trees that have grown to about 10 feet tall within 1 year of planting, so if it's good to use I'll be growing more for sure. I haven't been able to find anything online to say not to use it...Anybody ever use it or have a good resource saying it's ok to use?

I my self have never heard of smoking with papaya wood but I cann't think of any reason why you couldn't after all I use alot of fruit woods like apple, cherry, pear, presimine, peach and whatever else I can find. So give it a try and let us know.

Papaya grows just about everywhere I live. You can't use it because it is to porse and falls apart quite easily when dry. I use Mango on a regular bases as it is easy to get. No complaints as of yet. I also age my homebrew on Mango.

Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky