Pantry tuna casserole.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Nothing fancy just some easy to make tuna casserole. Can be made with noodles or rice. We can our own Albacore tuna but you can use store bought.
You can add onions, or wahtever else. This is just a basic out of the pantry recipe.

So Here it is:

1 pint jar of tuna (2-4 cans if you are using store bought.) Drained and fork shredded.
1 pound dry uncooked noodles of choice or 2-3 cups uncooked rice.
1 19oz. can of Progresso (see note) cream of mushroom(whatever you like) soup.
1 package frozen vegetables of choice
2 cups grated cheese
grated Parmesan to top.
salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, old bay, whatever spices you like.
Toppings - Crushed Bread crumbs, potato chips (doritos, lays, bbq, onion sour cream, etc.) , crispy fried onions

Pre-heat oven to 350°f

prepare a cast iron skillet by rubbing cold butter inside.

Cook pasta or rice almost until it is done. Shock in cold water to stop cooking.

Thaw frozen vegetables under running water.

Put cooled pasta into prepared cast iron pan.

Mix in tuna, soup, vegetables, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and spices you are using. Spread and flatten mixture in pan.

Top with your topping of choice. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and grate fresh Parmesan on top.

Cover with foil and place in preheated oven fr 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and cook until top is golden. You may need to use the broiler.

Allow to cool 5-10 minutes serve.

NOTE:

I prefer to use Progresso because of its consistency and it doesn't require additional water which is a big plus when we are dry camping. You can use other brands just keep in mind that you may want to add water.

49655365756_b580ccba88_c.jpg

I bet that's good . Wife used to make it , was always a good meal .
Thanks for posting .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky