Our Second piece of Heaven, Little piece on the Atlantic Ocean

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congratulations. It looks like a beautiful spot. May the Lord continue to bless you with many years of happiness.

Thank you very nice of you to say. We think it is just great.
And yes god willing , we will be using it for many years , even if just sitting and watching and listening to the ocean

David

Reactions: flatbroke
I think that would be the ticket David, A Cottage up front and shed/garage at the rear. Lots of people going that route around our neck of the woods.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Lots of options
The ocean is what I miss most after leaving the Seattle area 20+ years ago.
No Lobster, but fresh Dungeness crab was a feast especially on the beach.
Never went diving for scallops. Luckily, state of Washington preserved a lot of private harvesting (except for shrimp) for residents.

And a dumping station was in the plans for the RV if that is the way we are going.

There is a septic tank and field, I am going there tomorrow to see if it is still workable, has not been used for over 10 years plus.
It all depends on if any of the building is good enough to save or just knock it down and haul it away.
Dump station provisions always a good idea.
Depending on the drain field design it may be recoverable.
Is the building on a slab to meet the building codes even if you have to tear down and start over?

Beautiful spot David I'm sure you and Mona will really enjoy it. I love the water and prefer salt water. After spending most of my life near or on the water we moved to my other love it being in the woods without neighbors on top of us. I still miss being less than a half hour from getting to the boat and going out.
Hopefully the building isn't all that bad and you can rebuild it fairly easily even if just for a place to last awhile until you can build what you want farther back on the property that way you won't spend all your time working on it and can enjoy it more being out on the boat.
Congrats again on the dream property I'm sure you two will enjoy it for a very long time

I think that would be the ticket David, A Cottage up front and shed/garage at the rear. Lots of people going that route around our neck of the woods.

That is what I was thinking, if i am going to build that why not just once, because we need a safe place to store the boats and things.
When I say boats , I mean Mona have her 12' aluminun boat and motor, and I now only have a heavy duty 16' 6 foot wide aluminun with a 30 hp and Mona has a couple paddle boats . Plus reg yard things. So the garage area does not have to be huge. Just a safe place while we are not there.

David

Reactions: Winterrider
Lots of options
The ocean is what I miss most after leaving the Seattle area 20+ years ago.
No Lobster, but fresh Dungeness crab was a feast especially on the beach.
Never went diving for scallops. Luckily, state of Washington preserved a lot of private harvesting (except for shrimp) for residents.

Dump station provisions always a good idea.
Depending on the drain field design it may be recoverable.
Is the building on a slab to meet the building codes even if you have to tear down and start over?

Yes for our scallops , we have to say which way we will collet them , there are 3 ways. With a rake from boat, free dive with no tanks ( that is how I do it ) , or with tanks. and the license is for a year during certain times to not take them during spawning time I think.

The building was built on a slab on grade, I think by code , not sure until I start looking.
It has 2 bedrooms, kitchen, small garage 2 full bathrooms and small livingroom. Plus a small mech room for the water, power and pumps etc. But because of water damage and closed up Black mold over everything.
I will not let Mona in there
Here is a couple pics, hold your breath, first picture very strong vapor barrier, lol. The whole place is like this. Looks like a family of Raccoons live there for a bit

DSC_9554.JPG DSC_9556.JPG DSC_9569.JPG

David

• Wow
Reactions: Fueling Around
Beautiful spot David I'm sure you and Mona will really enjoy it. I love the water and prefer salt water. After spending most of my life near or on the water we moved to my other love it being in the woods without neighbors on top of us. I still miss being less than a half hour from getting to the boat and going out.
Hopefully the building isn't all that bad and you can rebuild it fairly easily even if just for a place to last awhile until you can build what you want farther back on the property that way you won't spend all your time working on it and can enjoy it more being out on the boat.
Congrats again on the dream property I'm sure you two will enjoy it for a very long time

Thanks Jerry for the comment

Yes we are very happy with this find. I am kind of a country boy as I stayed every summer with my Grand parents on the Dairy farm and loved it and thought that was heaven.
Later in life meet Mona, and she is from the ocean land. She bought me my first power boat. The ocean is a whole different world, and that is what we really love. So much nature to see at the sea.

Yes I am hoping I can save the frame of the building as it would save me some money to just rebuild the inside. But I have no problem building a new one If I need to.

David

Congratulations David. . .Love to see hard working people reaping the fruits of their labor!

Enjoy it for many years,

John

Thanks John for the comment

Me to John, Mona deserves to have this place and I will make it her special spot . And for me also.
But she is so happy, and that makes me happy

David

Reactions: mike243
" You're gonna have to keep those QE2s "
Do you mean the Hospital lottery, now how would you hear about that ??
I didn't but good luck!!! I was talking about the Canadian Dollar and working. Your dollar still has Queen Elizabeth II on the cover doesn't it, or did Trudeau replace it with his own picture?

Chris

• Haha
I didn't but good luck!!! I was talking about the Canadian Dollar and working. Your dollar still has Queen Elizabeth II on the cover doesn't it, or did Trudeau replace it with his own picture?

Chris

Ha Ha , sorry Chris what you said makes sense , but there has been a Lottery here in NS for many years to help support the Big hospital. Very nice big prizes from a very nice fully furnished exec. home , or cottage , cash , high end cars and boats etc. It used to be once a year, last 10 years it is a least twice a year

The Hospital and the lotto is called QE2, that is what I thought you meant, tickets are not cheap. I entered once and I won an empty wallet. :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed:

Yes the queen is still on our dollar so far , they did just bring out something with King Charles on it . One of our coins, it's all ears

And no to Trudeau's face on our money, butt there is toilet paper with his face on it , lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: mike243 and gmc2003
Here is a couple pics, hold your breath
The memories almost bring a tear to my eye .

Spray the thing down with a heavy bleach / water mix next time you go up . Goggles and a respirator . Maybe even a tyvek suit so you don't take that stuff home with you . Let it sit , then get after it .

I bet the bones are good enough .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky