Our Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spring, Tx
This is a family favorite that always seems to bring long lost friends out of the wood work.  Thoought I would post it after I saw the Chili video.

Our Family Chili

Ingredients:
2 ½ cups of water
3 pounds cubed beef or chili meat
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons bullion, Beef granules
1 teaspoon bullion, Chicken granules
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
4 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
6 tablespoons chili powder
1 large split jalapeno chili pepper with seeds

Briefly sear meat and then add jalapeno pepper tied in cheese cloth sack, paprika,
onion powder, cayanne pepper, bouillon granules, tomato sauce and water to
cover. Simmer, covered, for 1-1/2 hours or so. Add cumin, garlic powder,
black pepper, and chili powder. Cook for another 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
Remove cheese cloth sack with jalapeno pepper and serve.

Side Item
Beans, ( I have found pintos or black to be best) prepared and served on the side to be
added after serving. Same with cheese, onions, or what have you.

I agree with ShooterRick, it does sound tasty. Well worth trying, nice trick with the jap/cheese cloth, no bits of jap to bite into. I do the same thing when I have to use a lot of spices that are not ground. It's all good my friend.

Nothing like a good chile recipe. Thanks.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky