Offset with tuning plates build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

7lfarm

Original poster
Dec 16, 2017
Ok going to try this again and add some more detail sorry for lack of info on first post I'm learning. My name is Tyler I'm from Santa Fe Texas and have become very interested in the true science of building this smoker. My major concern is my FB size and the size of opening between FB and CC. Heres all the numbers I have on my pit just wanted to see if yall thought it would flow good and your thoughts on the FB to CC opening size.

FB - 20"x20"x20" (8000 cubic inches) going to have a round 6" opening low and a round 3" opening high for my air inlets.

CC - Diameter 22" Length 35.5 (13487.87 cubic inches)

CC to FB current opening which I question is half moon shape 18"x4.5 (which I believe is 58 sq inches)

Exhaust is 4" pipe 30 inches tall

So I guess my my main questions are do yall think the firebox size and inlets are ok and do yall think the FB to CC opening is ok for this set up.

Thanks in advance. 20171212_165930_resized.jpg 20171212_165941_resized.jpg 20171215_171336_resized.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky