Now That's What I'm Talking About

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lennyg

Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Tampa, FL
After reading here about these ABT's, I tried a batch last weekend. Mixed cream cheese with chipotles in adobo for filling inside of whole seeded jalepenos. Heat scale was all over the place and one of them burned me so bad I was scared to have another.

Fast forward to this weekend: I had to try again. This time cut the chiles in half lengthwise and really focused on removing all seeds and ribs of core. Stuffed with cream cheese blended with shredded cheddar/jack mix and a little sprinkling of dried ancho chile powder. Wrapped each in half slice of bacon, cooked on smoker for just over 4 hours 'til bacon was just right.

Results are outstanding! Very tasty with just the right amount of heat for us.

abts.jpg

They Look Great...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
ABTs are a favorite around here...

Don't forget to stop in the Roll Call Thread and Properly Introduce Yourself So Everyone Can Give You a Big Welcome...

You can find some jalapenos with not that much heat. But their are like dennis said you make themand they are like an appitizer mind field you never how hot it will be.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Looks great. I tried pablanos last weekend and they were GREAT! They were big enough that they could be halved and big enough to hold a hot of stuffing. Perfect size for a piece of bacon to hold it all together. Not very hot, but deeelicious.

Anaheim chiles are another safe alternative with less heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky