No wrap ribs and Brisket point

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Big Glenn

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Knoxville, Tenn
We were planning to celebrate my wife's birthday Sunday but I needed to do most of the cooking Saturday. I had 4 racks of back ribs and a small brisket point from the freezer. Got them ready Saturday morning. 2 racks with Jeff's rub and 2 racks and the Point with Jeff's Texas rub.
IMG_0617.JPG

Got them on the Pit Boss gasser. Smoked with a mixture of apple and hickory. Here's how they looked when finished smoking
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG

put them in a cooler to rest for a few hours and then in to the fridge for the night. Took the out of the fridge Sunday afternoon and after glazing with Jeff's rub cut with a little vineger, then on to the grill to finis
IMG_0630.JPG

When everything was good and hot pulled them and served with baked potatoes and slaw.
IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG

I have to say this was the first cook I have done that I said "damn this is good" A lot of credit has to go to Jeff's rubs, and I am finally learning to manage my smoker

Thanks for looking

Excellent looking. Those ribs and brisket are done perfectly.

Point for sure
Chris

Ribs and brisket look great. Making my mouth water and it's only 7:30am (LOL). I'm curious how different the ribs tasted between the 2 rubs? Great Job!

Definatly liked the original rub better on the ribs. For my taste pork benefits from a little sweetness but there were no complaints.

That's a juicy looking brisket. Ribs look fantastic too. You got a nice color/bark on both!

We were planning to celebrate my wife's birthday Sunday but I needed to do most of the cooking Saturday. I had 4 racks of back ribs and a small brisket point from the freezer. Got them ready Saturday morning. 2 racks with Jeff's rub and 2 racks and the Point with Jeff's Texas rub.View attachment 402948
Got them on the Pit Boss gasser. Smoked with a mixture of apple and hickory. Here's how they looked when finished smoking
View attachment 402950 View attachment 402951 View attachment 402949
put them in a cooler to rest for a few hours and then in to the fridge for the night. Took the out of the fridge Sunday afternoon and after glazing with Jeff's rub cut with a little vineger, then on to the grill to finisView attachment 402952

When everything was good and hot pulled them and served with baked potatoes and slaw.
View attachment 402953 View attachment 402954
I have to say this was the first cook I have done that I said "damn this is good" A lot of credit has to go to Jeff's rubs, and I am finally learning to manage my smoker

Thanks for looking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky